PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I just ran onto a QG-214 coolster and we need a new rear shock that actually holds more than a 50 lb rider and also a swingarm chain rub block .

Is there a good place to order parts from ?

Is there other brands that are the same bike ?

Also, I see that there is a rear shock for a single sided swing arm and a double sided , what the heck does this mean ?

Sorry for all the questions but I know you guys can help.

Thanks,

Raz

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
Hi

Is this the bike in question?

We have a good number of Pit bike shocks in stock, Please measure how long the shock is eye to eye.

2 Types of Pit bike swingarms are common to the majority of Pit bikes.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
post a pic of your bike...I have a China shock that may work for you..almost new and only $10 plus shipping...may have a swingarm block too

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will this work ?

10.6" 270MM FASTACE 1000lb/ in Rear Shock PIT DIRT BIKE: eBay Motors (item 400144577690 end time Aug-22-10 23:05:31 PDT)

I don't know much about the two different styles of shocks and what will work and what will not .

Also, the spring rate this is a 1000 lb whatever that means . There will be riders from 115 lbs to 225 lbs riding this bike . So, I would like to get a shock that will not bottom out when a larger rides it.

Remember, this is just going to be used as a pit bike and not raced. Just to run from camper to camper and to survey a track.

Thanks,

Raz

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
it will probably work...measure from eye to eye on your current shock...I have had that particular FastAce shock and it is springy like all other Chinese shocks...you have to really crank down the rebound to control it....a fluid change and valving would help...the 1000lb spring is a bit much and helps it be so darn springy...and 800 or 850lb would be better....it is hard to get a conventional shock that will span those weight zones...the only shock that works well for that is a Fox Float but it will not fit your bike.....I have not had good luck with Chinese shocks...I have had 3 NEW DNM (the ones Pitsters use) and one Fastace blow out on me in with little use.........modifying a Japanese bike shock is probably your best bet...and could be cheaper....unless you want spend some $$$$ and get a good shock like a Fox, Elka, Ohlins........

·
Registered
81 Posts
im also looking for a shock that will hold more weight if you find an exceptable one please post i blew out the rear wheel bearings on my 2007 coolster qg214 picked this bike up for $50 bucks seems there is no bearing spacer in the hub should there be ? the swing arm and hub assembly are my major problem with this one rear rim wants to kick to the chainside any tech info on this issue please!

·
Registered
81 Posts
another ? on shocks the stock length vs. longer

if your stock lenght is 255mm can you use 265mm 270mm ? would a longer shock work better?

·
Registered
451 Posts
stunami said:
another ? on shocks the stock length vs. longer

if your stock lenght is 255mm can you use 265mm 270mm ? would a longer shock work better?
if you get your shock to long you will have problems with handling and your chain rub blocks will wear uot really fast a little bigger is ok put the bike on a jack and take the shock out then jack the bike up until it sits at a good hight then measure for shock lenght

1 - 12 of 12 Posts