PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a set of KX 60 forks that i want to put on my 50. They are 30mm and have a whopping 7.9 inches of travel :lol: The stock XR70 triple clamps are 27mm...but i think i could get away with removing 1.5mm of material around the clamping area. I need the top and bottom clamps. I dont really want to get aftermarket clamps cuz i would be afraid to cut them. So if anybody has a set, or knows where there is a set for sale.....or has a suggestion, reply to this with the info.

·
Registered
265 Posts
sorry, but they wont work...

the top triple 'clamp' on a stock 70 front end doesnt actually clamp to anything, they just have 2 holes where bolts go thru and thread into the fork caps...even the fast50s billet top clamp is like this. Maybe you could find a set of BBR clamps for their forks and mod those

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey i just saw a SWEET set of top and bottom "pinch" style clamps on ebay for the xr50 that allow you to use xr70 forks...maybe you could contact the seller and ask if he would drill a set out for you to 30mm...

if you miss them on ebay i think the website is mxride.com...

good luck

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those clamps are friggin' sweet but I don't want to shell out $320 just for clamps. Thats a tad bit rediculous considering the entire bbr fork kit runs around 500ish. I guess i will have to keep looking, or just smash my KX 60 triple clamp with a hammer until fits in the 50 steering head. :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
triple clamps

i have a set of clamps of a yz zinger front end and they are the same size your looking for the only thing is the bearing cups are a different size if you can find cups be more than happy to part with them good luck

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your offer, but I already have the KX triples , and they are putting me in the same situation. The bearing cups wont match up and its pretty frustrating. The best, cheapest thing i can think of is to cut the head stay off the KX60 and weld it onto the XR frame so that everything just bolts up. Kinda drastic though...and its still a weak stock frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.