PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys got back from the races yesterday. My son did very good but he is running with KTM 2 strokes. He LOVES his honda (CRF50) and does not want a new bike. I know its rough to compete with these little monsters but we are gonna try. I am dropping a big bore kit in it most likely with the race head and adding a manual clutch. All this work is gonna come at the end of race season which is about a month out. My question for all of you is suspension route. I know the options for adult riders but hes 7 and weighs around 40 pounds. Any suspension cant raise this bike much at all as he is short for his age. Any other advice on what to add to help him out would be much apperciated as well. Start throwing ideas.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I have a Polini shock...fully adjustable that may work...it was valved for a light rider and sprung for one too....still may be a little stiff for a 40lb kid.....it is remote res

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Heres his post race picture with his plaque and this was first official race so he was completely stoked that he got it. LOL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doopsx3 said:
I have a Polini shock...fully adjustable that may work...it was valved for a light rider and sprung for one too....still may be a little stiff for a 40lb kid.....it is remote res

What do you want out of it doop?

·
Registered
666 Posts
doops shock and crf 70 forks,with a bbr sp5 top clamp or i believe 50 cal or brand x, that will need to be enlarged for 70 forks ,so they can be raised in the tripples some for height adjustment, some new bars and presto its a runner !

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
50degree said:
doops shock and crf 70 forks,with a bbr sp5 top clamp or i believe 50 cal or brand x, that will need to be enlarged for 70 forks ,so they can be raised in the tripples some for height adjustment, some new bars and presto its a runner !

Yeah its all pretty much stock except the pro circuit pipe and millville rear tire. I got some bars for it but have to do the top clamp. What do they have aftermarket forks wise comparedable to the crf50 or 70 without spending insane amounts of money.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I also have a set of stock CRF70 forks f/s too....one of the fork legs needs the seal replaced and the tube either polished or replaced....could make you a package deal

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Id say given the little guy only weighs 40lb id try and get some BBR triple clamps (top and bottom) and go with the xr/crf70 forks

or just get a used set of BBR sp5s and get some softer springs

another shock option would be the fox float it can be adjusted in a matter of mins with the pump at the track

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
oh yeah....Fox Float be the shiznittt it is a great multi adjustable shock.....have 3 myself and all have worked great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts