PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board. It is very informative. Anyway, I just purchased an 04 Honda 50 for my 7 yr. old, and myself of course. The bike is all stock for now. The dealer said I could take the restricter plate off to make it a little faster. Is the restricter plate where the exhaust meets the head? Also is there anything else you can do to tweak a stock 50. w/o after market products. We plan on getting other after market parts soon. air filter, bars, etc. Just stock for now. Any help is greatly appreciated... :?:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
on a xr 50 the only restrictor is the throttle screw pw50-80 and jr 50s have the washer in the exhaust get rid of the stock exhaust would be the easiest & cheapest way to gain a lil more power but theres no replacement for displacement keep us up to date

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I took the screw out of the throttle, didn't make much difference. It must have already been backed out all the way. Thought about taking the baffle out of the exhaust but we ride the neighborhood late at night and don't want to piss anyone off. I rode a fiddy at the track this weekend w/ the baffle out and it didn't seem to make much difference except for the sound. Will an aftermarket air filter make a difference w/ a stock exhaust?

btw, crashed again last night. Bike ok, Me sorta...

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
DISO ;

Have you ever heard the expression " THERE'S NO REPLACMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT " ?

That is soooooooo true for these fiddies when big guys start riding these things around !!!!!

You want it to go good , your gonna have'ta go to the big bore section of your favorite catalouges or parts stores to up the cc's on that thing . :mrgreen:

I don't know how good your kid is , just make sure when you do up th cc's the power increase isn't too much for him and he won't ride it any more .

:idea: :idea: Better yet , put a 88cc kit on it then tell mom jr likes riding the stocker one better and get your son another fiddy . :wink: :twisted: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Get yourself a uni air filter. Around $12 raise the needle in the carb(lower the clip) all the way. Very cheap way to increase power and it's a noticeable gain. With the air filter you will notice a little more by taking off the pipe end cap off also. Taking the cap off in stock trim robs HP.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
How about a new rev box? that will help :)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
How about a new rev box? that will help :)
DIRTY ;

Are you asking if this will help or telling us this will help on a stock motor :?:

I've seen in a few diff posts where people say it's not worth it if it's a stock set up . I'm personally not sure cause I haven't tried it yet .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.