PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have direct knowledge of these? It is an e-start model. says "Super" down the fork legs. Used but low miles I think a 2002 model. Has good title.

What price range would something like this go for?

Am looking for a bike for the wife to putt around on.

Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
I don't he is looking for a project though Brad. A $500-700 Ct70 is going to need work. Plus typically won't have a title. No turn signals either if he wants to put on the street for his wife.

That is clone is the ticket for his wife to putt around as he said. Most had Lifan motors and parts can be had easily or adapated. And it has a good title. I seen plenty of them for sale, Rupp and other clones , in that price range. Pasted up on a leftover Rupp CT70 clone w/ the 90cc motor. Purple one for $600. Should have grabbed it for a rider.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RAZZO - Exactly. What I am looking for is any direct info people have about this bike. Want to make an informed decision. My wife only cares that it runs and is easy for her to ride, haul the kids around the campground/swap meet etc. etc.

I hand built my own Chinese powered pit bike. I have restored a 1979 Z50R and 1971 CT70H from the ground up....I am not too worried about having to do any work on it down the road, but if anybody knew of problems specific to this model, I was just looking for feedback.

Thanks for the link to the Ohio one tmas.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
AHRMA361 said:
RAZZO - Exactly. What I am looking for is any direct info people have about this bike. Want to make an informed decision. My wife only cares that it runs and is easy for her to ride, haul the kids around the campground/swap meet etc. etc.

I hand built my own Chinese powered pit bike. I have restored a 1979 Z50R and 1971 CT70H from the ground up....I am not too worried about having to do any work on it down the road, but if anybody knew of problems specific to this model, I was just looking for feedback.

Thanks for the link to the Ohio one tmas.

the clones work well .....my friend Rob has a ct70 clone with a gpx motor on her now and she has 4k miles runs very and its reliable w/ plenty of power the only thing he had to replace thus far was the little grey box for the lights i cant remember the name .. but he kept blowing fuses for the rear lights.. replace it ..done..

I have a (2) zb50 clone as well as a zb50(stock) and my clone runs w/out any problems ..

You will be fine if you can get a clone for that price range you can always upgrade the engine to semi a/t 125cc unless your wife can use a clutch you are set!!!!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
A friend of mine has whatever Hooper Imports sells for a CT70 clone, and the only real issue I can see with it, swingarm bushings. The stock ones are made from low grade chocolate and oval out in approximately the time it takes to kick it over once. Makes for an interesting ride... get on the throttle and the back end shifts one way, requiring a noticable amount of leaning and countersteer to hold a straight line. Get off the throttle and suddenly the back end shifts the other way, now you've got to reverse your body english and countersteering.

Haven't checked yet to see what replacement bushings are available.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Kurlon said:
A friend of mine has whatever Hooper Imports sells for a CT70 clone, and the only real issue I can see with it, swingarm bushings. The stock ones are made from low grade chocolate and oval out in approximately the time it takes to kick it over once. Makes for an interesting ride... get on the throttle and the back end shifts one way, requiring a noticable amount of leaning and countersteer to hold a straight line. Get off the throttle and suddenly the back end shifts the other way, now you've got to reverse your body english and countersteering.

Haven't checked yet to see what replacement bushings are available.

what did he pay for it???? what bushings do you think will work??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback, racerx. Wife can use the clutch no problem...just prefers an automatic for this type of camp bike....easier to not have to work the clutch lever with a beer in your hand

Kurlon, I work for one of the world's largest manufacturer's of needle roller bearings....have your buddy get me the dimensions (ID, OD, Width) and we can have a permanent solution to his problem. I have done this for early XR75's, CR250's etc. in the past....

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i have a jincheng panda. build quality is fine with me. she runs and i get to rock a mini.

only thing to look out for are the bolts. you may want to loctite all the critical bolts i.e. hubs and wheels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.