PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im trying to switch my tires but i can't get the stock tire off the stock rim, i have three tire irons but im not exactly sure what i should do with em ? help :?

·
Registered
402 Posts
first let the air out of the tire

then make sure both beads are off the sides of the rim, put both sides of the tire in the middle of the rim

now use your first tire iron to start thje tire

double check your beeds ended in the middle of the rim

now go an inch at a time

you can do it with two but threes a bit easier

your biggest problem is your bead is stuckon the outer edge fo the rim

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i keep getting holes in the tube im not sure if there something charp in the rim or im pinching it with the tire iron but i already went through 2 tubes, should i line the rim with electrical tape cause there is one edge inside that is a little scuffed from the iron, any suggestions

thanks

six

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks logical i threw some electrical tape in there and put on the 3rd tube in 20 minutes, I used NO tires irons just brutt strenght, lol, this one seems to be holding well the other leaked instantly after getting air in them this one seems good so far, thanks for all the help guys.

How much air pressure should i run in the front and rear, i have the kenda millville tires

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think I roll out about 20 in the front and rear... don't know if the pressure alone will pop you donut, but I just got a rim lock from ron @ extreme racing ( thanks dood)after busting my rear tube. So we will see what happens with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.