PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2007 CRF 50 it barely idles and as soon as you try to give it a little gas it dies I bought a brand new Honda car rider and put on it and new ignition Coil I can mess with the choke by flipping it on off on off and it'll rip up some but not completely I thought I fixed it when I put the new coil on it started it up and I could Revit up fine and it would have just a little bogBut I figured it was still a little cold so I'll let my son hop on it he took off Friday and after a few minutes it just died on him then when I started it has a rough idle and if you give it any gas it dies this thing has been driving me crazy thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing I have checked the valves and they seem to have checked OK the only strange thing was when I got it on the compression stroke and try to line the two lines for top dead center I couldn't wanna just write on it it would always spend just a little bit off but not much

·
Registered
506 Posts
Low compression, poor fuel, clogged air element, dirty carb, restricted fuel flow, restricted exhaust, airleak ... all candidates for idle issues.

Replace the gas with fresh, check the flow is good & clean from the tank into a glass where you can visually check … a deteriorating petcock can send debri into the carb. Check the air cleaner element is not dirty or deteriorating throwing junk also into carby....idle jets get blocked pretty quickly if element is breaking up. Also take the baffle out and blow out any carbon with an airgun. ..clogged baffle will make it run that way. Make sure everything going into carb is clean & carb then is clean. Once idle issue sorted only then sort off idle bog or issue - it usually means a poor mixture (too much air or too much fuel), all controlled by the main jet, needle position & airflow. Try raising the clip (that lowers the needle, making it leaner when throttle opens). If off idle throttle response improves then try higher clip position again. Once you get it ridable clean plug and examine what colour tip you have after a riding session, then you can tune.
Cheers, Darrie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pitcock is new just replaced it today carb is brandnew also put new fresh gas has new air filter l,took spark arrestor out now ill check for air leaks and the needle clip from n stock carb cant be moved

·
Registered
506 Posts
You doing all the right things. Might even be an altitude issue.
Any smoke when running indicating worn rings ? Check the crankcase vent that's routed to the carb. See if removed and covering the intake helps. Is it stock aircleaner & element ? Pod one might mean you will have to adjust the airscrew. but in new carbs you have to remove factory screw and either put in an older headed screw or cut into the existing head a channel for screwing. Google how to get that airscrew out. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No smoke what so ever intook a video of it idling but I cant figure out how to post it and yes stock air filter im wonder if the air screw just needs adjust more out maybe is the carb set up for a stock bike when you buy a new oem?

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
You have to fine-tune the carb for your particular area and altitude. Any new carb out of the box isn't going to work the same whether you're at sea level or in Denver, CO.

Ordering a jet needle set (part #2) and the screw set (part #6) shown HERE will give you an adjustable jet needle and a slotted air screw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts