1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help finding reasonably priced used stock parts for an xr50 i bought
trying to get it put together by christmas for my nefiew

the right side lower fork leg is bent slightly
need a throttle cable,carb cap, and carb spring (previous owner broke the throttle cable and threw it away thinking the spring and cap came with the cable....)
looking for a cheap tire just 1, rear is bald front is fine
and has a transmission issue (documented in previous thread i posted) where 1st gear and the kick start do not work
wondering if before i even split the cases if i should just buy a used stock transmission gearset and shift drum if so wondering what other bikes transmissions will fit?
found used honda mini trail 50,70,and 90 transmissions seem much cheaper but look almost the same
and if it is a direct fit the 4th gear would be nice unless there is extra work or parts needed

also if i can't find a stock carb cap and carb spring reasonably would this be an ok stock replacement? 16mm Carburetor Carb Honda XR CRF 50 CA01 | eBay i know it's a little larger but any ideas price is less than a stock carb cap from honda.
and would this transmission work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-CT90-HONDA-TRAIL-90-CT-90-TRANSMISSION-AND-SHIFT-DRUM-FREE-SHIPPING-/390446131959?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8672af7

·
Registered
82 Posts
always check the the classifieds here as well as ebay. I have used the site pccmotor with much luck. they are not factory parts but will help in a pinch or where budget is an issue.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey firsttime50. Great to hear you are getting your nephew in to 50s.

I have everything you need except the transmission and drum. They are off my xr50. I have no use for the stuff. If you need the parts. We can work out a great deal.

I'd be happy knowing the parts are being used and not sitting in a box.

Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet Minis

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a good transmission. at least it's all tranny parts in a box! Prefect condition. Got it with a another bike a long time ago. It's clean and like new. Hit me up if interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A sl70, xl70 and ct70h 4 speed will work. Even a Lifin can work. The output shaft will have different splines so you'll need a different sprocket. A honda 90 tranny willNOT work at all. As for your carb email me. I have a few of those and I can look. sikpsycholz at juno dotcom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts