PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus got a sdg 107 speed mini and i need help with the suspension mainly and any other help would be greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
compression adjustment on the back shock? durability of the motor? and jus any other helpful tips you have

·
Registered
546 Posts
well....hate to be the bearer of bad news...as far as the motor the 2004 sdg107 is defective ....sooner or later the countershaft will end up breaking when you kick start it to hard....they werte made weak ....and got recalled.....they correcvted the issue in 2005 bikes....so ride it til it breaks then replace motor with like a gpx,yx..etc.....rear suspensin you can twist the lil adhjuster knob for tthe rebopund, for your weight...also you can tighten up the large platis screw on shock threads for stiffer ride....all in all though its a super cool bike.....has all the hydro braking,large suspension goodies....

·
Registered
956 Posts
I put an USD front fork assembly on mine so I can't comment on that end. The rear shock is OK, but mine was short of oil so I disassembled it and refilled it with Silkolene 5WT. It actually works now, has adjustment and is not too bad. The bike has a stupid swing arm angle stock, too short of an arm that they just jacked up to get ground clearance etc with. You really should get an extended one if possible.

·
Registered
546 Posts
doesnt matter how new or old when you kick it hard teh countershaft will break..... it happened to two of my week old bikes just be carefull

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ahh, if you are careful when starting the thing it will last. Ease it over the compression stroke with the ignition off, then turn the ign. on, and make sure you take up the free play in the kicker, then kick it. Mine starts first kick almost every time, and I have over two years of hard riding. Just don't get in a hurry and try to kick it anywhere in the cycle.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
after I did the kick start upgrade to mine I have had zero issues....you can kickc it anywhere in the stroke...does not matter...also I have that Hi-compression squeezer too in the jug......not a bike to start in flip flops that is for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts