PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm starting a restoration and was wondering if its possible to rebuild the old forks since they are in bad shape....i dont know how to take them about...here are some pics

are the frame and engine code supposed to match

frame= CT70H-104100

ENGINE=CT70HE-112730

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes you can definetly do some work to them. You can get new bushings, boots and other parts if you need them. The silver piece between the upper and lower parts of them just unscrew. Then everything just pulls out. Just put grease on the springs when you reassemble so they dont rattle.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
And if you look up your engine and frame numbers on Z's "Z50 Technical Resources" section, in the VIN and engine number decoders, both the numbers you supplied come up as a CT70H from somewhere in the '70-'71 production run.

It is normal for the engine numbers to be off from the frame numbers...up to a point. I've got two hardtail Z50s, same year, bought the same day from the same dealer, and the frame numbers are only two last digits apart, but the engine numbers are quite a bit farther apart than that. And I know for a fact that they are the ones that came in the bikes new; we've known the former owners of the bikes for many years. They were not engine swappers then, and they are not engine swappers now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts