PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine bought an 06 110 with KTM65 forks and KX65 swinger already on it. Ive got the motor out doing build but noticed two things I need help with from someone who has KTM65 front on a 110. Question one: After installing 110 bend bars instead of KTM bars the front brake line looks to be way short. Lever still mounts up but hydraulic line is a straight shot from caliper to lever pretty much. What brake line do you run? Does he have to have one made? Second question: What bearings are used in steering head for KLX to KTM65 conversion? Stock? Pax? I ask because there is way too much play there and upper and lower bearings need replaced and I don't know what to tell him to buy. Its using the stock KTM triple clamps so I am assuming KTM65 Steering stem.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A buddy of mine bought an 06 110 with KTM65 forks and KX65 swinger already on it. Ive got the motor out doing build but noticed two things I need help with from someone who has KTM65 front on a 110. Question one: After installing 110 bend bars instead of KTM bars the front brake line looks to be way short. Lever still mounts up but hydraulic line is a straight shot from caliper to lever pretty much. What brake line do you run? Does he have to have one made? Second question: What bearings are used in steering head for KLX to KTM65 conversion? Stock? Pax? I ask because there is way too much play there and upper and lower bearings need replaced and I don't know what to tell him to buy. Its using the stock KTM triple clamps so I am assuming KTM65 Steering stem.
I used all the KTM brake components with Pro Taper KLX bend bars, I used a BBR bearing kit & made machined my own adapters, probably the same as the PAX kit??? I used the KTM clamps & stem also

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never mind. I went to pull forks off so I could take pics of stem and bearings to have you guys identify them. Steering stem nut was finger tight at best. Put some twist on it and bearing play is gone. This is why I don't like working on builds I didn't do. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Never mind. I went to pull forks off so I could take pics of stem and bearings to have you guys identify them. Steering stem nut was finger tight at best. Put some twist on it and bearing play is gone. This is why I don't like working on builds I didn't do. Thanks for the input.
You Can get the brake line made. I think streamline makes them just measure how long it is and add a couple inches. And I had the same thing with my bike. I wasn't the one who put the forks on. That nut wasn't even finger tight. It was a good 2mm from being finger tight. Kinda pissed me off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.