PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 XR50.

What I have done to it is bought a Pitking Exhaust tip and added a Uni-Filter. My bike seems to bog down in 1st, seems to be a little more slow in 2nd. 3rd is good. Its only slow when I hammer on the throttle. What should I do, I was thinking of changing the Jet, not sure what to go with.

Can anyone help??? What do I need to do, go back to stock? Want more power without changing the head!:confused:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
your bike will have a lot more flow, that filter will let a lot more air in and tip make the exhaust a lot less restrictive, so youre going to have to jet it for sure if you haven't already.. Thats probably what your problem is..

almost anytime you do performance mods, you need to jet the carb to compensate for what you did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any ideas on what jet and what size I should use? I am new to the 50's! Race quads for awhile and the 50's seem to be a little more tempermental! Thanks guys! I was told by a pro mini moto guy to adjust the air screw? What do you think?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have installed a few exhaust tips and after market pipes on fiddys and every one of them has hurt the power. i have tried rejetting and it didnt help. some people will tell you other wise because it is louder so they think it is faster. from my experience stock fiddys dont need a more free flowing exhaust it only helps on big bore equiped bikes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ya man jetting is neccesary any time u change air flow weather it is exhaust or intake and im not sure wat jet i used ill look it up here in a min i got a stock 50 w. out of box uni filter and fmf factory 4.1 and it runs like a raped ape

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you think i should take that tip off, I was not going to speed gain, just sound! I was not thinking that it would give me any gain in speed!

Take the tip off and put stock back on??

I told the old one off and it was so black and the screen at the end was so nasty that is what I replaced it. Is there a way to clean it or does it not matter???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you could let me know what jet and what size, and maybe where you picket it up at. That would be great. Thanks Bro!

etgethome said:
ya man jetting is neccesary any time u change air flow weather it is exhaust or intake and im not sure wat jet i used ill look it up here in a min i got a stock 50 w. out of box uni filter and fmf factory 4.1 and it runs like a raped ape

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Robertd said:
so you think i should take that tip off, I was not going to speed gain, just sound! I was not thinking that it would give me any gain in speed!

Take the tip off and put stock back on??

I told the old one off and it was so black and the screen at the end was so nasty that is what I replaced it. Is there a way to clean it or does it not matter???

Sound definitely does not mean more power. There's so many guys out there with like 150db exhaust who think they gained 50mph because its loud, when it probably actually hurt them because jetting is off..

Honestly, for a bone stock 50, stock exhaust is your best bet. Aftermarket air filter will give you some more flow which will help. You could also have the head ported, if ya really wanted, and get a high compression piston, if you were determined to keep it 49cc, but for that money you may be better off getting a bore kit

Theres a few threads on this, ill try to find a link for ya.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you feel about a CDI? Do you have to jet with a CDI?

traut811 said:
Sound definitely does not mean more power. There's so many guys out there with like 150db exhaust who think they gained 50mph because its loud, when it probably actually hurt them because jetting is off..

Honestly, for a bone stock 50, stock exhaust is your best bet. Aftermarket air filter will give you some more flow which will help. You could also have the head ported, if ya really wanted, and get a high compression piston, if you were determined to keep it 49cc, but for that money you may be better off getting a bore kit

Theres a few threads on this, ill try to find a link for ya.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Robertd said:
How do you feel about a CDI? Do you have to jet with a CDI?

I'm not sure if the CDI's help or not..Supposedly stock ones dont have a rev limiter..

I have a BBR one on my mod bike, and a Takegawa one on my 88.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
traut811, what size stock carb and jet on the !ike you know? What size jet you think I should go with, 92 or 95?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Robertd said:
traut811, what size stock carb and jet on the !ike you know? What size jet you think I should go with, 92 or 95?

Im on my 5th 50, lol but Ill be honest Ive never jetted a stock carb in my life. I couldnt even tell you about what size jets those have...Ive got a keihin pe24 on my 108, and keihin 20mm on the 88

1 - 15 of 15 Posts