PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance identifying some parts on a used KLX I'm considering picking up this weekend - particularly the forks and swingarm. Good buy for $1200 or a money pit? Thanks fellas.
Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Wheel

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motocross

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Green

Vehicle Plant White Automotive lighting Green

Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Crankset

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was hoping to hear, the forks looked like zocchi's but I didn't know if a knockoff existed. The rear end will work until I blow it out or snap it, then I can upgrade. It'll be my first klx, anything else I should look out for?

Thanks again guys, glad some forums are still active and informative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for your response Mr. Skywalker - picking her up this Sunday and I'll go through everything.

Is there a more active or informative resource (reddit page, facebook, etc) that I should hop on, or is sifting through threads here still my best bet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked 'er up this weekend. Needs some TLC here and there, but overall it seems to be in very good shape. Looking at getting the TB 143 big bore kit, any upgrades I need to consider with the added power?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually picked up a used FMF 4.1, BBR U-flow, and some jets to mess around with before I tear it down for the big bore. Do you recommend keeping the stock cylinder head over the v2 tb head? I'm strongly considering the stroker crank as well - will that, or the stock crank be more reliable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts