PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Ive got a tb117, OKO 24mm carb, and PC t4 exhaust.

It runs good on the top end, but horribly from around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle (So pilot jet..)

What do any of you suggest I run for jets/what do you run? I think I have a 35/105 in it now.

Elevation is around 150 feet. Its 90 degrees out and humid :(.

My fuel/air mixture screw needs to be out further, but any further it will fall out, so this means I need a leaner Pilot right??

It just didnt seem right to have that small of a pilot, maybe I had something mixed up though.

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I found to have gotten more top end power out of a 26mm mikuni from my tak 106 stroker. w/22.5 pilot, 165 main. Can't remember what jets I ran when I had a 24mm...but yeah 35 does seem a lil large. $.02

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks guys.

This is the carb I've got, and dont have money to spare (was going to buy a vm26) at the moment, so Id like to get the 117 running descent with this carb.

TBOLT what size pilot do you suggest I get? Plug shows rich..for sure. LOL

thanks guys!

·
Registered
598 Posts
so it's a keihin clone carb? I thought oko were mikuni copies? If it's a mikuni clone then 35 is too big but if it's a keihin then it's too small. I have a pe24 that wouldn't even idle with a 35 pilot.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it was a Keihin copy..It had a Keihin pilot in it. And the choke setup was the same as that on my PE24 .

I went up to the bike shop, they though the pilot was too big as well, still seemed weird to me, but I bought a 27.5 and a 30, so Ill try them out tomorrow..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts