PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://planetminis.com/forums/mini-bike-events/172571-2nd-round-summit-county-pitbike-races-ohio-2.html

post# 48

Need help

My son Zac #496 is having a problem with his rear brake locking up. I think its the master cylinder......every times its done it he said he grabs the rear brake lever with his hand, wiggles it, and it UN-locks. I have looked at almost everything and even de-burred areas. Above is a post there a grandstand vid of the open class he gets 2 laps in and it locks up...again

Above is his set up right at the moment, BBR updated brake assemble. I would like to keep the BBR hub assemble that we have already if possible (Son paid good money for it) Im thinking of tiring a different master cylinder????

What do you suggest/options?

One more thing, he has the 110 frame with the BBR rear end kit and runs the BBR rear brake pedal, is there a different pedal out there available or do you know where we can get the BBR break pedal? we need back up but I see BBR doesn't have any for sale.

TXS!!! Gene

·
Registered
584 Posts
i would take a guess and say the master cylinder is damaged. Maybe from a crash or his boot kicking it some how. I don't see how it could be the caliper if you took a good look at it and found nothing wrong.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
http://planetminis.com/forums/mini-bike-events/172571-2nd-round-summit-county-pitbike-races-ohio-2.html

post# 48

Need help

My son Zac #496 is having a problem with his rear brake locking up. I think its the master cylinder......every times its done it he said he grabs the rear brake lever with his hand, wiggles it, and it UN-locks. I have looked at almost everything and even de-burred areas. Above is a post there a grandstand vid of the open class he gets 2 laps in and it locks up...again

Above is his set up right at the moment, BBR updated brake assemble. I would like to keep the BBR hub assemble that we have already if possible (Son paid good money for it) Im thinking of tiring a different master cylinder????

What do you suggest/options?

One more thing, he has the 110 frame with the BBR rear end kit and runs the BBR rear brake pedal, is there a different pedal out there available or do you know where we can get the BBR break pedal? we need back up but I see BBR doesn't have any for sale.

TXS!!! Gene

Please post a pic so that I can see your set up, thanks.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It seems like the master cylinder is binding,, maybe the brake pedal is pushing into the mastercylinder at the wrong angle causing it to bind. NOTE: On your other post that shows the perimeter frame bike with the KX65 rear disc brakes and wheel on it notice the master cylinder has a little fabricated adapter that conects the master cylinder and the original mounting hole on the frame (Top part of the master cylinder and top mounting hole) that is what I would suggest trying is to run the YZ250f master cylinder,, it is what we run on all our race bikes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks! Yea something going on. This weekend I'm going to disassemble it. vid above.

One more thing, he has the 110 stock frame with the BBR swing arm & rear end kit and runs the BBR rear brake pedal, is there a different brake pedal out there available or do you know where we can get the BBR break pedal? we need a back up but I see BBR doesn't have any for sale.

Thanks Again!

Gene

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anybody know if a cr85 engine will fit on a xr80 frame? And will I need all new elctrical stuff or just a new cdi also I don't want to here about just buying an 85 I'm doing stuff to this bike because I want this bike to be faster not because I dont already have something fast enough I'm fine with riding my trx450r but this was my first dirt bike I thought it would be cool if I made it where I could still ride it some so I just need to know if the outer dimensions of the engine will fit into the frame Im gonna make new mounts for it so just if you can stuff it in there

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like the master cylinder is binding,, maybe the brake pedal is pushing into the mastercylinder at the wrong angle causing it to bind. NOTE: On your other post that shows the perimeter frame bike with the KX65 rear disc brakes and wheel on it notice the master cylinder has a little fabricated adapter that conects the master cylinder and the original mounting hole on the frame (Top part of the master cylinder and top mounting hole) that is what I would suggest trying is to run the YZ250f master cylinder,, it is what we run on all our race bikes.

Can you tell me what the YZ250F master cylinder bolt hole spacing is?

TXS, Gene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts