PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinion. I'm thinking about getting the applied clamp and using TAG mini play bars.

Do you think my bars will be too high or what? Do I have to use the no-crossbar bars with this high clamp?

Does anyone have or know anyone with either of these products and can I get their opinion?

Also, how is the Applied rear spring on the stock shock? I don't have much money for a tricked out shock set-up yet. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
wounderboy i also have a five-o back spring on my stock shock that i am selling its pratically brand new...i took it off when i got my i-shock so if u are interested let me know.

also bout the bar set up it is a single bar...

·
Registered
47 Posts
im pretty sure the guy asked for opinions on the bar setup and the spring... not for everyone to try to sell him stuff

my opinion on the applied clamp... my buddy has one and it is pretty tall, he has some pro tapers on there and they sat at a decent height, not very tall... i have the tag mini plays with a red baron mx style triple clamp and i love it...i switchd from the BBR setup and it is considerable smaller... I would say if u wont want something too tall either go with the no crossbar bar w/ applied clamp, or get a "mx" style clamp and use the miniplays...

for the spring...it all depends on how stiff u want it...with the rear spring it is very stiff, i dont like it...my friend runs a stock spring still over the stiffer one because he hates it too...i would just save upo for an i shock...thats what i did....

hope this helps a little

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, GeTPisT.

I could use some more advice on that stuff from anyone. I am 5'10 and 180, BTW.

Thanks for the offers, but I would prefer to buy new stuff. That was pretty funny that I asked for advice and got bombarded by 4 sale stuff.

Anyone have a rear bald tire for sale? I'm desperate :wink:

I have a stock xr70 right now and have a bad burnout habbit. Standing on the pegs with the front brake on and spinning in circles is SO MUCH FUN!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
140 Posts
it depends on what you like... I have had the mx style and bmx style on mine. I prefer the bmx style..(like bbr and fast 50's, five0 etc.) Basically.. the bmx bars feel more like a bmx bike. it would be good if you could try them both first. But lotza peeps like the mx bars better like the tags and jokers. good luck

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thats the nice thing about tags. They're a mixture between BMX and MX. They're tall enough , but not to tall. They're not like some of the bikes where your knees are hitting the bars still. They're also not to wide, theyre around 28 inches from end to end. some BMX bars are around there, and some MX bars are like 30.

Tags are a good mixture between everything.

Edit: Also, if you know anyone with BMX style bars or tags, try them both. Its all a personal prefrence.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have two clamps i have the joker fwd mount and the BBR clamp, i tried them both and found that for a tallerbigger guy the joker was a lot better but for a smaller guy the BBR would be great. the BBR is a lil too low and cramped for me im 6ft 1in, i have rode a mx style setup and didn't like the feel of it, just my .02 good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.