PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start on build #2 and am trying to figure out "what's what" to possibly use on my next build.

I'll post a pic of something with the part circled, I'd love your help knowing what it came off originally. I have no knowlege of CT70's, XR's, Cub's or any other of the Honda smaller bikes so I am just trying to figure out what it came from.

I've seen countless amazing builds but it's impossible to tell what they used and often times people don't want to just give up the info for something that took them a long time to figure out, which is understandable. If I'm breaking some unwritten code, please do tell me. I'm also fine with DM's if this is some kind of secret info on peoples builds. I'm not including the entire bike but some are easily identified, I'm sure.

So, with that, here's the first puzzle of the game. I think it's off a stock CT70, could be very wrong too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That appears to be the aftermarket disc brake fork setup from CHP here in Texas. About $200.00 plus shipping. Have used that fork/disc brake system for two builds already. Nice addition to a custom build. Forks work good and the disc brake is a huge improvement over the drum setup. Highly recommend if doing something custom up front. Rick

·
Registered
98 Posts
Doesn't fit the hard-tails as a "bolt on" (stem is too short) but, the fork innards and disc do fit in the stock hard-tail forks. Direct bolt on for later z50's (K3 thru at least 98'). Rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Ahhh! Yet even more to consider, custom aftermarket stuff! I’ll have to check that out as that is part of my next question, which is, what is the easiest way to get disc brakes in the form? Sounds like CHP is an easy option. Anything else come to mind?

I’ll take a look at the CHP fork/disc carrier setup. Thank you.

That appears to be the aftermarket disc brake fork setup from CHP here in Texas. About $200.00 plus shipping. Have used that fork/disc brake system for two builds already. Nice addition to a custom build. Forks work good and the disc brake is a huge improvement over the drum setup. Highly recommend if doing something custom up front. Rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, just saw your build thread. With that, the forks from CHP are a direct bolt-on.
Thanks. Any idea if the CT70 forks are interchangeable with with Z50 frame? Is the downstem of the fork tube the same size? Appears people are also doing that for an easy swap to the larger wheel size.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who's the funny MOD that changed my title to "FREE ROLEX WATCH?" LMFAO. Classic!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next item to figure out...it’s on a CT70 but not sure if this is a later year OEM or what.

·
3,298 Posts
I'm about to start on build #2 and am trying to figure out "what's what" to possibly use on my next build.

I'll post a pic of something with the part circled, I'd love your help knowing what it came off originally. I have no knowlege of CT70's, XR's, Cub's or any other of the Honda smaller bikes so I am just trying to figure out what it came from.

I've seen countless amazing builds but it's impossible to tell what they used and often times people don't want to just give up the info for something that took them a long time to figure out, which is understandable. If I'm breaking some unwritten code, please do tell me. I'm also fine with DM's if this is some kind of secret info on peoples builds. I'm not including the entire bike but some are easily identified, I'm sure.

So, with that, here's the first puzzle of the game. I think it's off a stock CT70, could be very wrong too. View attachment 273308
The

So, with that, here's the first puzzle of the game. I think it's off a stock CT70, could be very wrong too. View attachment 273308
That is Ct70 stock with G-craft fork legs with the disc brake caliper mount. Notice the fork reflector mounts are still visible.

Oven Mitt is mine!!! 😅😅😅😅

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The

That is Ct70 stock with G-craft fork legs with the disc brake caliper mount. Notice the fork reflector mounts are still visible.

Oven Mitt is mine!!! 😅😅😅😅
Thanks, Mike! Good eye on the disc caliper, I didn't even see that tiny smidge of the rotor showing through the wheel holes! I assumed it was drum brakes. So, does CT70 triples mount up to a Z50 frame? It must, right? I've seen them used, I swear it. Oven mitt is on its way!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Razz - you take the oven mitt and I get the Rolex. Rusty bag of nuts are yours too. Above - a CT70 w/ a 2 stroke motor - interesting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess who just found the webike site with all the G-Craft, Takegawa, Tanaka, Kitaco, Minimoto etc. on it?

Anyone shop from there? Reasonably safe to order from? Looks like sea freight shipping is the only remotely affordable option. But, the selection of amazing gear is incredible. Any US Importers/resellers?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Thanks, Mike! Good eye on the disc caliper, I didn't even see that tiny smidge of the rotor showing through the wheel holes! I assumed it was drum brakes. So, does CT70 triples mount up to a Z50 frame? It must, right? I've seen them used, I swear it. Oven mitt is on its way!!
Depends, does a ct70 triple mount on to a z50 frame
Hardtail, yes
Softtail no (shorter stem)

Webike, a big yes. Webike does not use resellers (that is their own business...)

(If I say webike close to my bikes a lot of shiny and performance parts say whatsup.)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I can second Webike. They have a ton of cool stuff. Not the easiest site to navigate through and the descriptions are just funny sometimes. Shipping is the issue. Longer and expensive, as you would imagine. Best to get a nice LARGE order together before you hit BUY...helps to absorb the shipping costs a bit.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Depends, does a ct70 triple mount on to a z50 frame
Hardtail, yes
Softtail no (shorter stem)

Webike, a big yes. Webike does not use resellers (that is their own business...)

(If I say webike close to my bikes a lot of shiny and performance parts say whatsup.)
The CT70 triple will fit on a hardtail, but you will need a rather thick spacer to make up the difference like the "El Scorpion" bike. Classic Mini Of The Month For January / February 2014 )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Webike gave me some crazy dreams last night. If only there was a USA equivalent that carried those products, man, I'd be paying their mortgage each month. lol. I must have built 50 bikes in my head just drooling over all those parts.

So the CT70 stuff can be made (with a large spacer) to fit the hard tails. I'm not dealing with a hard tail, i'm building with a Z50R frame (81), so, sounds like that is out of the equation without replacing the downtube from a CT70 and I'm not going there.

How about this killer build...any idea what those forks are from? Triple from? A full kit maybe? DDRacing turns up nothing.

Also - those tires, think they're 10" or 12"? Looks like a Duro 10" or 12".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gotta be 10" tires as the 12" looks more like a traditional dirt tire (narrower, less sidewall height, different tread pattern) and this is more like a wide/fat scooter tire.

I want this big, meaty, fat dirt type tire. So many blocks to it that I don't think it's a Duro now either. Something else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts