PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question..

What would be an approximate value on a 1988 ZB50. Runs shifts great, mechanically in good condition. The lights and blinkers have been taken off. Fair wear and tear but overall decent condition?

Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just picked up the bike last night. I'm emailing myself the pictures from my phone then i'll post them up.

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pics. Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my phone. It does look better in person than in the pictures. The dings in the tank are also a bit smaller than they appear in the pictures.

I do have some plastic pieces and the kickstand as well. The bike is dirty as it sits right now but should clean up well.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dang that thing was definitely abused. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. Its gonna take a full resto job to make that thing nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havn't looked at the tank yet. I bought the bike right after the sun went down. The gentlemen did tell me that the tank was treated though. I'll take a good look later tonight though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tmas said:
Does the speedometer work? S10onbagz may have some parts you need.

tmas

I was surprised to see that the speedo / odometer do work perfectly. It does show a little wear and tear but it does work.

Do you know what parts specifically? I know i'll be looking out for a new tank amongst a few other things.

I plan on restoring this thing to it's former glory.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
kdog22 said:
I was surprised to see that the speedo / odometer do work perfectly. It does show a little wear and tear but it does work.

Do you know what parts specifically? I know i'll be looking out for a new tank amongst a few other things.

A new Chinese repop tank maybe. A NOS ZB50 tank will set you back $700.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
kdog22 said:

Good to hear ...That is good the speedo works. Shapeshifter has a good deal on the headlight and ears. Parts for the ZB can get expensive.Be prepared. :)

tmas

http://planetminis.com/f58/zb50-nsr50-parts-great-condition-157039.html

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
s_10onbagz said:
I have a tail light and rear fender sitting here. Make a list of things in bad shape/non-functional and another of missing parts.
Glad you chimed in...:)

tmas

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help, info and offers to sell extra parts you guys have. I defenately appreciate it!

I am in the process of making a list of parts i need to replace and items that are missing.

I am glad to be a member on this site!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
z-fiddy said:
(ps. don't keep track of how much you spend)

yup a few things could happen if you do

1)It will drive you insane

2)Wife/gf/family member might find price list and think you are insane(in which they would be right, look at #1) and take you to the hospital for quiet time

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
z50 chopper said:
yup a few things could happen if you do

1)It will drive you insane

2)Wife/gf/family member might find price list and think you are insane(in which they would be right, look at #1) and take you to the hospital for quiet time
Just remember you are dealing with the rarest Honda ever produced. 3058 in 1988..My guess is 1/2 of the have been destroyed. Things can get expensive.

tmas

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
tmas said:
Just remember you are dealing with the rarest Honda ever produced. 3058 in 1988..My guess is 1/2 of the have been destroyed. Things can get expensive.

tmas

and as I am sure tmas can attest to is that it is well worth it in the end

1 - 20 of 86 Posts