PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
SCHMEEL said:
Nice, ive had the drag fiddy with the homemade frame idea in the back of my head for awhile now
I have built 4 of these in the last 15 years already... Quite the eye catcher.

Here are some pics of it all painted and finished. The wheels are going to get a shot of gloss Black soon too..

And the "Cup Holder" shot.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
Nice work. Can you shoot a closeup pic of the swingarm? I'd like to see how the extension came out up close.

· Registered
10 Posts
RuckusKiller said:
The stretch on this on is 8"... I have done 4 & 6" in the past. This is my second 8" stretch. I like the look and the stability of the 8"

it looks good, i am building a YSR currently, and I am looking for someone to build a 6" over swingarm for it, but its proving to be harder than i thought. I have a 78 YZ80 motor in it, that has been rebuilt by team calamari with a traditional shift pattern, it runs strong, i am just looking to stretch it.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
FizzikalJ said:
it looks good, i am building a YSR currently, and I am looking for someone to build a 6" over swingarm for it, but its proving to be harder than i thought. I have a 78 YZ80 motor in it, that has been rebuilt by team calamari with a traditional shift pattern, it runs strong, i am just looking to stretch it.
Its actually quite simple for any average welder... Its just 1"x2" square tubing.. Make sure that you gusset the inside of the tubes when doing it. The guy that did it for me is a good friend and he told me last night that he only did it for this bike and doesnt want to do another one.. I have had a few people interested in it..

Also , a KX65 swingarm will bolt right up to the YSR. It gives it almost 3 inches more length.

· Registered
10 Posts
;)
RuckusKiller said:
Its actually quite simple for any average welder... Its just 1"x2" square tubing.. Make sure that you gusset the inside of the tubes when doing it. The guy that did it for me is a good friend and he told me last night that he only did it for this bike and doesnt want to do another one.. I have had a few people interested in it..

Also , a KX65 swingarm will bolt right up to the YSR. It gives it almost 3 inches more length.

Yea, thats what i was thinking however here in jacksonville, i have not been able to find a shop that is willing to do the stretch nor do i have any buddies that are welders. haha

so the kx65 swingarm will work? i noticed the shock mount is on the bottom for those swingarms, would i just flip the swingarm over and move the chaing guide to the correct side?

any help is greatly appreciated. :eek:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.