PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this bike since about 1977 it started as a 1974 XR75. If I would have known that the old XR would have bean worth something 30yrs later I would have left it alone. In my quest to make the bike tricker and more modern this is what I ended up with. The bike has gone through several transformations over the years and has collected parts from several different parts bikes.

As it stands now it still has the original motor with an 82cc powerall big bore kit, DG cam, Modified DG pipe, ported head, 24mm mikuni, oil cooler, trick ignition system. Modified XR frame,with custom built swingarm, Works performance shock, CR80 forks and several other misc parts.

The bike has been in this configuration for about the last 15yrs. I had to stop trying to upgrade this on going project before I ended up with a 35yr old motor in an aluminum frame.

The bike still runs strong even though I don't ride it much. Still a great conversation piece at the races.

Attachments

·
Banned
1 Posts
Well done, Sir. I love the uprights, and one tricked is even better. The full left side pipe isn't seen every day. I'm doing a wrap-around on mine. Eventually...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts