PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long build this is what I finally setelled on. Right now it is a takegawa 88 kit w/o head. Parts I have coming are a race head, rear sprocket, 4 speed tranny, hd clutch, and new headlight. Ill get some better pics up soon. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
rc164racer said:
It tops at 34mph right now with stock gearing. Im gonna run a 16 counter w/ a 30t rear and a 4 speed with a race head. Striving for 65mph.

88 won't pull that.

Suggest a 117 goes in when you add the 4th gear if you want to pull that gearing.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No front blinkers yet. Waiting on leds. I have been doing research on the ratios of the 4 speed and they are pretty close to stock wit the exception of adding 4th gear. Makes sence to me that even a stock bike will pull it. As far as pulling the 30t im not sure either. I get vortex sprockets dirt cheap so its no biggie if I have to gear up.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
rc164racer said:
Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, wait I already did?

STROKE it!!!

If you have it apart for the 4 speed you'd be silly not to.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One of the reasons I dont want to stroke it is I like to mess around on mountain bike trail and bmx jumps. I feel if I stroke it it will make it misserable to ride in those conditions. If I cant achieve 65 mph with a full blow 88 I will probly end up stroking it for sure.

·
Registered
256 Posts
rc164racer said:
One of the reasons I dont want to stroke it is I like to mess around on mountain bike trail and bmx jumps. I feel if I stroke it it will make it misserable to ride in those conditions. If I cant achieve 65 mph with a full blow 88 I will probly end up stroking it for sure.

if you stroke it it will make it easyer to go through trails because you will have more bottom with your high gearing

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
rc164racer said:

Where is that "head scratch" smilie?

Because that make zero sense?

Running 16/30 with a tall 4th you will need a 108 minimum.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.