PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here i go, i am looking to spend 200 dollars on a rear shock, i have bbeen offered an ishock with res for 200, a works shock for 150, and im thinking about a non res i schok for 180, or a kitaco shock with res for 180. i have a medium duty spring right now i love for trail riding, i only weigh 120 and dont like too stiff of a spring, but when i hit the jumps. . . i bottom very hard, the only thing holding me back from the works is that its the stiffest shock, and i dont want that for trails, i want something i can adjust which is y im leaning to the kitaco. but i dont no the quality of the kitaco shock, any input ? please

thanks

·
Registered
938 Posts
id go with either the ishock or the works depending on your setup. if you have a stock swingarm i would go with the ishock. but if you have an extended swingarm the works shock feels very nice, even if your light. they're both proven shocks that will serve you very well, you cant really go wrong.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I love my ishock, especially on my Foes swingarm now, its nice and plush and is perfect for hitting the trails but soaks up the big stuff nicely to.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The limeted Edition has compresion adjustments, works especially great for well what you want to do, soften it up for the trails and crank it in for the big hits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i cant do that with the reg with res. and i dont have 300 dodllars. . . .so i guess i am stcuk with the kitcao, neone no nething about it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya but i really want adjustable compression. but dont wanna pay 340 dollars or whatever the limited costs, and its the same price as the ishock without, the review sounds good on danosbikeshop. so ithink im gonna get the kitaco, thanks yall, knwoing me ill change my mind tho

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I see no reason the Kitaco wouldnt be a quality shock, I dont think they would sale something thats junk. Only thing I can think of is what I read on Dano's review that it is kinda soft.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.