PlanetMinis Forums banner

My project 50.. not exactly for offroad ;)

3K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  FunareaMX 
#1 ·
Hey all ,

Im not sure if im posting this in the right spot, just wanted to share some pics, ok quite a few pics of my project that iam working on. These are some progress pics all the way from some bare metal shots to current photos. Iam almost done with it and then i'll be ready to start project #2. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Jon

See less See more
#7 ·
JohnnyB said:
Dude , that is 8) .

Can hardly wait to see the finished product .

What size motor you gonna have ?

124cc super head set up ??? 8)

No way Kitaco 117. :twisted: :lol:

#10 ·
FatGuy_On_A_Fiddy said:
good fab work and design and if i was into it I would say YAY! but i say BOOOO!

sorry my opinion

and i like real choppers.

Oh I like "real" choppers too... and I will build one soon enough, winter is aweful boring and I needed something to do, and I had a bike to cut up.

Instead of the booing , just look at it from the fab/design pov like you said, I know not everyone is into it because it is a mini, but I sure as hell wouldnt boo someone for their efforts, thats my opinion :)

Jon

#18 ·
thats off the hook.

i was thinking of doing the same thing with my stock frame since i have a cromoly coming in. i'm gonna keep it auto clutch and rig up a jockey shift on the motor. but since you did all the legwork already, you should charge people for that frame. i for one would send you my frame to hack up. good job, keep us posted on the end results and your future projects.

#22 ·
five0addict said:
unless you do alot more fab that thing or isnt going to be comfortable to ride at all :? where are you going to put your feet? what about the shifter?

I have the peg assembly built, remember it bolts to the engine...;) I have everything ready to go back together, i'm just doing the engine work/detailing now and then I will finish the assembly, thats why I said these were progress pics and that I am almost done ;)

And actually, it is quite comfortable to sit on, I had the pegs and engine with the shifter installed when I mocked the bike up, and it felt pretty good

Jon

#23 ·
LogiKal said:
That thing looks sick, can I make a suggestion?

Make a sissy bar .. but not for the woman. just something to lean back on so you dont fall back when riding.

Thanks man! as for the sissy bar.....

I have a sissy bar for it, its just not installed yet(and dont know whether or not I will install it), and really you wont have to worry about falling off when riding it because you actually sit nicely in the seat. :)

Jon

#24 ·
Re: thats off the hook.

CRFiddy said:
i was thinking of doing the same thing with my stock frame since i have a cromoly coming in. i'm gonna keep it auto clutch and rig up a jockey shift on the motor. but since you did all the legwork already, you should charge people for that frame. i for one would send you my frame to hack up. good job, keep us posted on the end results and your future projects.

I love cuttin up and modifying :) I guess I could just build the frame and sell it, but like you said people could send their existing frame and I could make it hard tail or soft tail or whatever that person wanted. Its also been alot of fun doing this project and I'll keep you posted on the project.

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.