PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I deffinately need some handle bars. What bend are u guys running. On my full mod I just had some fat bars and with the big suspension I never ran into a problem with my knees.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
sxrscer189 said:
Yea I deffinately need some handle bars. What bend are u guys running. On my full mod I just had some fat bars and with the big suspension I never ran into a problem with my knees.

klx110 bend pro taper is what i run

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The 110 bend Phatfiddy is talking about is wider than stock, but about the same height. I run the xr50 bend bars on my bikes because I just feel like I have more control over the bike and they sit up a little higher so I don't hit my knees as much.

As far as stuff you should do to it, here is a list of stuff I had done to my stocker and that's all I needed:

-XR50 Bars

-BBR Pegmount

-Tall Seat

-Shifter with folding tip

Also it might benefit you to get a different front brake lever as the stock one doesn't give you good "leverage" when braking.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mxfreak_24 said:
The 110 bend Phatfiddy is talking about is wider than stock, but about the same height. I run the xr50 bend bars on my bikes because I just feel like I have more control over the bike and they sit up a little higher so I don't hit my knees as much.

As far as stuff you should do to it, here is a list of stuff I had done to my stocker and that's all I needed:

-XR50 Bars (if you get these you will need to get an extended brake cable, like $20)

-BBR Pegmount (pulls the pegs back a little so you have more room to brake and shift and it's more sturdy)

-Tall Seat

-Shifter with folding tip (after snagging your stock one in the corners a couple times you will see why)

Also it might benefit you to get a different front brake lever as the stock one doesn't give you good "leverage" when braking.

That might sound like a little bit of money, but in the long run it's so nice to have those on a stock one. Don't worry about a pipe if you're going to be running a stock motor because it won't make a huge difference. If you going to spend money on stuff like that I would go with an aftermarket cam to give it a little more pep.

my buddy had xr5o bars on his bike and the clamp didnt hold the bars good..

and i know anout money on these things.. i built a full mod 165 with big bike style swinger, inverted forks 28mm carb.. the whole deal.. well over 3000 invested thats why im going stock/mod this time..lol

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Haha yeah I hear you. Once I get done with my full mod I'm done building mod bikes. I'll just stick with the little stockers.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea stockers are way more fun unless u strictly ride at a track and all ur buddies have full mod bikes.. which never happens.. so im stayin stock/mod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts