PlanetMinis Forums banner

My Mono-shock Gorilla is done!

9K views 64 replies 32 participants last post by  RAZZO 
#1 ·
Here it is! Been wanting to do one for a long time. Hope you like!

Z50R frame (all useless brackets removed/ frame smoothed) - Z50 forks (Fast50 springs +1 chromo legs)

Fast50's handlebar kit - throttle etc.....

Kitaco swingarm - Works Performance Shock - G-Craft wheels - Kings tires

Custom seat designed by me - leather with ostrich tribal inlay w/ yellow stitching. Used Kitaco seat pan.

Lifan 110 auto 4-spd w/ lightened flywheel , 20mm carb, HD clutch (my set-up ;-)), Yoshi carbon exhaust

Paint is Ferrari "Fly Yellow". Swingarm/shock mount paint - "Electric Blue w/ pearl clear"

Made spacers from brass for upper shock/seat mount. Modded levers and footbrake pedal. Vented front drum brake.

All electronics under seat including my own battery eliminator. Headlight switch is a small toggle on bottom of headlight shell.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Diggin it razzo, Although i think it would look even better with a NSR front end, billet triples, some 10's and a disk brake.

I like the yellow although im not sure of the blue touches, sometime too many colors seem to throw me off. its so simple i feel the blue isnt needed. Great polish work and i like the tasty nuts all over it. Is there anything that can be done to the seat bracket to make it sit flat. the downward slope of it looks a little weird. I think it might look better if you could get it to mount flat.

Also im wondering why you never put blinkers on your builds... Are they just not needed in your state? or do you not take them out on the public road?

#15 ·
reynolds_brad said:
Just eliminate blinkers, hand brake signal trigger, and bar mounted lighting controls. Cleans things up pretty quick with out any of those things. Although you wont be able to get it on the road here in CA like that.

Unfortunately, not only is that not an option, but my speedo/tach take another two wires :p I just haven't spent the time to rerun everything, although that is on the agenda for my downtime.

#23 ·
reynolds_brad said:
Diggin it razzo, Although i think it would look even better with a NSR front end, billet triples, some 10's and a disk brake.

I like the yellow although im not sure of the blue touches, sometime too many colors seem to throw me off. its so simple i feel the blue isnt needed. Great polish work and i like the tasty nuts all over it. Is there anything that can be done to the seat bracket to make it sit flat. the downward slope of it looks a little weird. I think it might look better if you could get it to mount flat.

Also im wondering why you never put blinkers on your builds... Are they just not needed in your state? or do you not take them out on the public road?

Blinkers not needed. Tag them as vintage bikes. Self inspection!

If I did Nsr forks, billet triples,10's and disk brakes it would look like every other bike on a Euro or Japanese site.

Even though its a modded "Z" I like to keep the some of basic factors of the original bike. Honda frame and forks. I'll keep the disk brakes and stuff for bikes like my Ducati.

Ever ride a bike with a flat seat hard? You ass has nothing to dig into, you tend to slide off. A hence the idea of the solo seat or ass bumper as I call it on a sport bike.

#25 ·
RcWannabe said:
Looks sweet and the exhaust is totally sik. How well does that lifan run? any issues with the trans?

Have had real good luck with the Lifan Auto's. No trans problems at all. Just change out the Lifan clutch plates and springs before I even start it.

Every Lifan motored Z I have built for someone or me has run great. No complaints.

All 8" wheeled bikes: 70cc - 17mm carb - 15t/34t = 40 mph top end.

90cc - 20mm carb - 16t/34t = 45 mph top end.

That's with a 225lb 6' 2" rider too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.