PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is! Been wanting to do one for a long time. Hope you like!

Z50R frame (all useless brackets removed/ frame smoothed) - Z50 forks (Fast50 springs +1 chromo legs)

Fast50's handlebar kit - throttle etc.....

Kitaco swingarm - Works Performance Shock - G-Craft wheels - Kings tires

Custom seat designed by me - leather with ostrich tribal inlay w/ yellow stitching. Used Kitaco seat pan.

Lifan 110 auto 4-spd w/ lightened flywheel , 20mm carb, HD clutch (my set-up ;-)), Yoshi carbon exhaust

Paint is Ferrari "Fly Yellow". Swingarm/shock mount paint - "Electric Blue w/ pearl clear"

Made spacers from brass for upper shock/seat mount. Modded levers and footbrake pedal. Vented front drum brake.

All electronics under seat including my own battery eliminator. Headlight switch is a small toggle on bottom of headlight shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Diggin it razzo, Although i think it would look even better with a NSR front end, billet triples, some 10's and a disk brake.

I like the yellow although im not sure of the blue touches, sometime too many colors seem to throw me off. its so simple i feel the blue isnt needed. Great polish work and i like the tasty nuts all over it. Is there anything that can be done to the seat bracket to make it sit flat. the downward slope of it looks a little weird. I think it might look better if you could get it to mount flat.

Also im wondering why you never put blinkers on your builds... Are they just not needed in your state? or do you not take them out on the public road?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
drizz said:
See, now why doesn't MY wiring look like that? Invisible! Oh well...

Clean build, Razzo

Just eliminate blinkers, hand brake signal trigger, and bar mounted lighting controls. Cleans things up pretty quick with out any of those things. Although you wont be able to get it on the road here in CA like that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
reynolds_brad said:
Just eliminate blinkers, hand brake signal trigger, and bar mounted lighting controls. Cleans things up pretty quick with out any of those things. Although you wont be able to get it on the road here in CA like that.

Unfortunately, not only is that not an option, but my speedo/tach take another two wires :p I just haven't spent the time to rerun everything, although that is on the agenda for my downtime.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
how did you 'vent' the front drum? or did you buy it that way?

i bet i could drill holes in the body of mine, but i think you probably did something nicer if you did it yourself....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.