PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 05 KLX110 for 900 bucks last year. Came with a 143 kit, stock carb, KX60 forks, big pegs, sikk over the pedal brake lever,TB shifter lever, FMF exhaust, magura hydraulic clutch, bars...

Over the spring I added a Two Brothers extended swingarm, Ishock with remote res, Tall seat, cradle mount, 26mm real Mikuni carb, new twist throttle & throttle cable, Two Brothers exhaust.

So my friend's dad is Chug of Chug's Moto Performance out of CT. He should be done tomorrow with the motor. he did: Heavy duty output shaft, ported head, new 143cc piston, kitaco 4 speed shift drum, kevlar clutch, TIG'ed the top engine mount, one of the foot peg mounts, and two spots on the frame.

So my creation is almost complete. Just a few things left:

I have a rear KX65 rim/tire and brake assembly. He is fabbing up a bracket for one of the KLX race bikes he is building and once he figures out the best way to fit it on a Two Brothers swinger he will do mine up for me

I want to get black plastics (its red now) and matching graphics to go with my big bike. (I have a CR500 street legal Supermoto that I am doing frame up totally blacked out except rims and pipe)

I need to get bar raisers or a taller set of bars

Eventually I'd like to do some aftermarket forks with a front disk brake setup...

Heres a few pics as she sat a few months ago. Ill update as it keeps coming together...

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
siktendenciesracing has the kx65 adapter figured out for your swingarm.

Gary from siktendencies is a vendor on here, you should check them out.

http://planetminis.com/f116/kx65-style-rear-disc-brake-adapter-146178.html

Gary might hook you up with the sale price still, if you dont want to wait or if Chugs runs into any problems trying to make an adapter for you

good luck with the build and post some update pics when you finish

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the link. Looks like a real nice product but I may just wait and see what Chug ends up building... while 200 may not seem like much I just dropped 600 on the motor, 350 on new headlights for the supermoto, need to drop 300 more for a new pipe for the CR500, still have to pay whatever the cost for a new piston and full port/polish on the CR500 too...

redirt78 said:
siktendenciesracing has the kx65 adapter figured out for your swingarm.

Gary from siktendencies is a vendor on here, you should check them out.

http://planetminis.com/f116/kx65-style-rear-disc-brake-adapter-146178.html

Gary might hook you up with the sale price still, if you dont want to wait or if Chugs runs into any problems trying to make an adapter for you

good luck with the build and post some update pics when you finish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts