PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought today my first z50jm finland edition, i dont know what year it is so can somebody find this out and tell me all information about this engine. engine code is AB02E- 6003066 , i will tell the frame code later.

i bought it from my friend who striped the engine couple years ago and never put it back together. i pulled the engine totally apart and cleaned it little bit inside with wd40. can you guys give me some advice what should i check if the engine has not been running for that long. also i found out that one of the crankshaft bearings needs to be replaced. how i can get the old one off and can i replace it with any of the bearings wich is in same size? i live in Estonia and i think its not that easy like in the state to get parts:grin:

damn i cant wait to ride this thing:cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,534 Posts
It would be cheaper and easier for you to source another complete crank assembly, than to remove and replace one of the bearings, in my opinion. There are quite a few members from here on PM that are in the UK, Belgium and a few other European Countries that are somewhat close to you, parts shipping-wise. They might be able to give you some information about where to get parts on the Continent.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went to a hardware store and asked about the bearing, they didnt have it in stock but they manage to find this somewhere and i should get it on friday. hope then i can start to but the engine back together.

before splited the cases yesterday i tried to find out where are the parts going what were in the box, i managed to find out the location of most of the parts but there were some spacers left.

and thanks dirtbkr for your help.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for double post. started puting the engine back together, got everything except cylinder, head and ignition on, but there is something wrong with the tranny, it wont shift. i think the problem is in shifter shaft or the little oval plate which is on shifter drum. shaft gets stuck. also the shaft is little bent. can you give me some advice what should i do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts