PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i put on a new k and n air filter and it ran fine for a couple of days then it started shootin out alot of smoke from that one peice that used to be connected to the stock filter.then it died out and hasnt started since.anyone have this happen to them or know whats wrong.please help

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
umm no, it sound like you broke the engine. look to see if theres oil in it, pull you spark plug and clean it up. when you pull the plug kick it over and see if its making compression.

another thing i just thought of would be if you didnt reattach you ground wire tight enough and your cdi blew.

get back to me, w/answers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took off the plug it was black and i kicked it.it didnt have compression.then i cleaned off the plug put it back in and kicked it.after about 15 kicks it started.but it was still shootin out alot of smoke from that 1 peice then i checked the oil and a whole bunch of smoke came out

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright i took off the spark plug and put my finget over the whole.it had compression.then i changed the oil and tried to start it.on my like 20th kick it finnaly started then it was shooting alot of smoke out of the breather even more than before then it died and it wouldnt start up again.please help so i can ride its been like 2 months

·
Registered
167 Posts
rmracer347 said:
alright i took off the spark plug and put my finget over the whole.it had compression.then i changed the oil and tried to start it.on my like 20th kick it finnaly started then it was shooting alot of smoke out of the breather even more than before then it died and it wouldnt start up again.please help so i can ride its been like 2 months

It sounds like you partially siezed it and stuck the rings in the grooves. You need to take the top end off to see what kind of damage you have going on in there. I'll bet it looks like the picture fiveO posted.

If you don't know how to take the topend apart I'm sure one of your buddies do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.