PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am from Canada and have 60 Honda mini bikes. I try and buy local and save on duty,dollar difference and shipping expenses. I normally deal with Phat 50s for all my parts but he did not have the part I needed so I thought I would give this hondamini.com a try

Well where do I begin...

I notice on kijiji that there is a guy who is always bashing phat 50s and posting in all the major city's in Canada saying that hes the best and oldest Honda mini parts dealer in Canada and do not deal with phat 50s. I thought it was very unprofessional to see him bash another Honda guy trying to make a living.

I contacted him about a z50r gas tank and he lied to me about the color insuring me its the EXACT same as the 86 z50r. He then became very rude and cocky towards me and started lieing about his prices. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy's to him. He is an embarrassment to the vintage Honda collectors.

I called Keith at phat 50s and he was more then happy to do business (as usual) and guide me into the right direction with my tank decision. I will continue to buy from Phat 50s and continue to advise people to stay away from guys who do poor business like HOME

He thinks he has the monopoly in this business but he is very wrong. bad news travels fast!

BE AWARE OF hondamini.com

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
A little confusing. The link at the bottom of the post directs you to CHP motorsports, but the first link goes to another site. Which is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
You say he is always bashing your regular supplier why would you contact him ?
can you please post the threads where he is rude , cocky and lying
are his prices on line for all to see? so we can see if he is lying
you seem to know the other guy by first name "keith" are you his friend?
who is Kieth?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanx for info. I sell air conditioning supply's. If i gave the service i've been gave and communicated the way i've communicated by the two pit bike supply houses i've delt with i'd be out business. About only power we have is to never do business with them again.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi
You say he is always bashing your regular supplier why would you contact him ?
can you please post the threads where he is rude , cocky and lying
are his prices on line for all to see? so we can see if he is lying
you seem to know the other guy by first name "keith" are you his friend?
who is Kieth?
Welcome Kevin. First post and all guns firing LOL.

You can rightly question anything that is posted here - after all its a forum for opinions, discussion and a possible source for helpful information. People will jump on board - add their good and bad experiences that may contradict others. but at the end of the day its just a guide and everyone will make their mind up one way or another. And rightly you can always question someone bagging someone else who is bagging - after all, they are doing the same.

As to his dealings with another company who appear to have a poor attitude, think we are all aware that you can't please everyone all the time so opinions and experiences will differ. I think rockyf's "give them a go approach" was pretty indicative of all of us - we want to believe businesses will do the right thing by us despite everyones opinion.

Key point is we all know some businesses may be ruthless and may shaft you - and on these forums people are quick to bag, slow to give good feedback. So look at the trail of responses - not many (if any) adding further bad to Hondamini, but a few quick good responses on Phat 50's. As to Keith - I sent an email to Phat 50's and it was "Keith" that answered - could be a well constructed detailed automated response, or Keith could even be a girl for all I know, but reality was I got the answers I needed, and the parts supplied in a timely nature to the other side of the world as promised. Hondamini's - can't knock 'em as I've never dealt with them.

I focus on the general concensus on the topic for that will be most likely true for dealings that I may have with them. I've found there's no need to drill down on one members opinion, but better to see what the concensus is. Ideally let the opinions flow, right or wrong, biased or not, share any you may have and then make a judgement on the information's usefulness or not. At the end of the day no one really does a "Fact Check" on anything posted here, but general support from members who have a good few posts under their belt potentially gives it some credibility for when your research something.

Any long term members also able to sharing their Hondamini/Phat 50's experiences out there ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look in the kijiji Toronto classifieds for z50stuff ,you will see many postings from hondaminis with digs like "no phat here" etc. ,I have seen them many times and have not done business with hondaminis because of it .The phat guy ,has always taken the time to answer any questions ,and even followed up with me weeks after I first contacted him .His emails always include his phone number with his name ,which would be why everybody calls him Keith .This is my first post here ,but I have been a lurker for quite a while ,I have well over 20 bikes in my garage including 10 minitrails today .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi kevin!

welcome to the forum!

the reason I contacted him was to give him a try!phat 50s actually told me to go there and see if he had a tank! So I thougt I would give him a try.

I have contacted him via text and email and have received rude and unprofessional messages. I wanted to do business with him as he seems to have a good sense on mini bikes!

I seen his prices on kijiji and contacted him and discussed other prices and hexes mad and upset and called me a lier about other prices such as phat 50s prices, (didn't have my colour or tank )

i don't know Keith , I have contacted him through email and called him and he said his name is Keith, guys on here seem to know him by his first name as well. Very cool guy seems to know what he's talking about. Feel free to check out his site if you ever need anything!

hope I answered your questions

welcome to forum

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Everyone - I am Keith from Phat50s/PhatMX - this is the real me - this is the person you talk to when you call, email or text. I don't lurk around on PM under some alias or stripper name - this is me (I have nothing to hide or hide from). I've been a member here since 2003 and as you can see by the number of posts I don't comment on much here -but I do love to see what people are building and it's a great place when you need some advice. As most of you know business is tough enough now and I try to offer good products at a competitive price in Canada. For some reason the above mentioned person feels the need to constantly bash my company to try to make himself look better. I guess he must have a lot of free time on his hands as I barely have enough hours in the day to get everything done let alone bash someone else. And if you've ever talked to me you know that's not my style. It's not worth my time to waste on someone else - I would rather focus on my business and find better products at better prices for my customers to provide them with the best possible customer service.

Anyways I'm not here for self-promotion - I let my service do that for me.

And I know there will be some retaliation from this because there are lurkers who are afraid to show themselves...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any body have any different experience here that we should know about?
What happed to "kevin" ?? Nothing else to comment on?
He didn't last long....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Look in the kijiji Toronto classifieds for z50stuff ,you will see many postings from hondaminis with digs like "no phat here" etc. ,I have seen them many times and have not done business with hondaminis because of it .
I have been watching this Dennis/hondaminis guy for awhile now. He's nothing but a tool. Always Stating he's the largest supplier in Canada. Now we all know thats bullsh**. All he has done is flood Kijiji classifieds with his ads, and insult Keith in the process. B***h move Dennis... I have been watching Keith website since 2004. He's a Pioneer in this game. This Dennis guy is a hackjob. By far a awesome one at that.

Keep up the good work Keith

Dennis make like a tree a leave it to the big boys eh :nutkick:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.