PlanetMinis Forums banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Looks good John. How many links do you have in your chain? I don't know if it's the mixed trail and road driving I do, but I had to readjust my chain the past two times I took my R55 out. I'm currently looking into different options for an adjustable chain tensioner. Ideally it would be something like what was used on the A+ swinger. Luckily I have one for reference.

· Registered
8 Posts
New oil cooler has arrived. Now that I know it will fit, I ordered the AN fittings & stainless steel line to make my oil lines.

Hi, brand new to the forums and I've been tossing around the idea of upgrading from my Pitster 155Z to a Daytona 190. I was just wondering where you got this little oil cooler from if you remember? Could you tell me the size?

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Looks good John. How many links do you have in your chain? I don't know if it's the mixed trail and road driving I do, but I had to readjust my chain the past two times I took my R55 out. I'm currently looking into different options for an adjustable chain tensioner. Ideally it would be something like what was used on the A+ swinger. Luckily I have one for reference.
I have 90 links in my chain. Did you get a cheap chain that's stretching easy. I've only adjusted my 1st chain twice, And I have abit more power then you. And the chain I just put on is better then the one I just took off.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Hi, brand new to the forums and I've been tossing around the idea of upgrading from my Pitster 155Z to a Daytona 190. I was just wondering where you got this little oil cooler from if you remember? Could you tell me the size?
I bought this oil cooler from Summit Racing. It's a Earls Performance Temp-a-Cure Curved Oil Cooler, Part# EAR-71006ERL. I paid $109.97 for it. It's a GREAT Oil Cooler, I'd buy it again. And Welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: slayer720

· Registered
210 Posts
I have 90 links in my chain. Did you get a cheap chain that's stretching easy. I've only adjusted my 1st chain twice, And I have abit more power then you. And the chain I just put on is better then the one I just took off.
You're right, it has to be the chain. I honestly hadn't considered that until now. The chain is rubbing on the inside (bottom area) of the sprocket cover. It's pretty noticeable too, I can hear it when I roll her out. I'm going to see if I can pick up a better chain this week.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I'll just leave this here.
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Reactions: Zip and my67xr

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
This is the only way I have run this motor, So I'm not sure how it runs with stock set-up. But I can tell you this motor Rip's A$$, And doesn't miss a beat. Super strong hard pull all the way threw the power band.

· Registered
8 Posts
I bought this oil cooler from Summit Racing. It's a Earls Performance Temp-a-Cure Curved Oil Cooler, Part# EAR-71006ERL. I paid $109.97 for it. It's a GREAT Oil Cooler, I'd buy it again. And Welcome to the Forum.
So John, I'm finally going to be purchasing the 190 here in the next few days and am most likely going to go the same route that you did with the Earl's oil cooler. I just wanted to ask; what were your oil temps like after installing the Earl's cooler? Does it ever get above 194°? Do you think that running a fan or dual fan setup is needed or would be beneficial?

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
With 1st oil cooler, I kept shutting motor off when I'd get to 210 degrees. Didn't take long to get that High. With new cooler I can keep temp down to 194 to 200 pretty easy, With motor timing at stage 1. If I go to stage 2 I can get motor temp close to 230. I don't think anyone running the 190 keeps temp down to 194. As you know, Motors generally don't start running good till you get temp up around 220. I know people that aren't even running a oil cooler on the 190, And they run the crap out of there motor. I would not worry about a fan. Just put a good oil cooler on it.

· Registered
8 Posts
My Daytona 190 FLX finally showed up over the past weekend and I got it installed in my ATC 70. I have a question about the wiring though; I figured out where everything in the harness goes except for these 4x wires. I'm assuming the two yellows are to go to the rectifier and then the charging circuit for the battery, but what about the red and green wires? Do you have any close up pics showing how you hooked everything up since you have a similar setup? I checked the manual for these wires, but it's super vague and doesn't label these...

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I don't remember mine having the wires for lights and a rectifier. I wired my lights straight to a battery. My battery is not wired into the motor.
Engine Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive engine part

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Looking for Different tires to try. Got a pair on the way. Going to try CST C9314. Probably going to do some cutting on them.

· Registered
8 Posts
Looking for Different tires to try. Got a pair on the way. Going to try CST C9314. Probably going to do some cutting on them.
I ended up going with that same tire for my front and absolutely loved it in the sand. I was going to cut the side lugs off as well, but it performed way better than expected as is, so figured I'd leave it for now.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Nice looking Trike. Is that a 16" or 18" front tire.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Dune Ready

I got the R55 all ready for more then 2 weeks in the Dunes. Vacation time will be a lot of fun.
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

Reactions: loopiemclooperson

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Sand Cut Tires

I Cut and Lightened a pair of 18x9.5-8 CST tires to try in the Sand. Floatation should be great. And these should get great grip, And still be able to slide the rear end sideways when I want to. I still got some more work to do on them, But I'm taking them to the Dunes with me so I can try them out.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
The R55 finally won a Show & Shine Award.

Attachments

281 - 300 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.