PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next build has started. I already have the new Daytona Anima 190 FDX motor. And Ron is building me a R-55 frame for it now. I'm starting to order other parts for it while I'm waiting on frame.

Attachments

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When are you expecting delivery of the frame? Just trying to figure out when I need to start camping on your porch...:ph34r:

That thing will be crazy. HOLY CRAP!!
Ha,Ha, It's coming C.O.D. So you may as well have him send it to your front porch.:D

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE, I now have 90% of the parts to finish this build ordered & on the way to me. I have to wait on some more 7" aluminum wheels to be built so I can order some, Need to order a 4 cell antigravity lightweight battery, And I have a E-mail sent asking about the TTO temp sensor & if I can set it up to read the oil tempature on the 190 FDX motor.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parts

Here's what I have for this build so far. And yes, those are carbon fiber handle bars.

Attachments

Reactions: PhilRabbleCroteau

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What are your plans for the wheels? I like what I'm seeing. Is the carbon fiber for bling or were you concerned about the low horsepower to weight ratio?
I am waiting for some more 7" Aluminum wheels to be made for sterdy products. I am always concerned about weight, 22 HP on this build is not enough. HA,HA, HA. I will be Lighting up my rear hubs when they get here to. Among other things.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is that a standard or extended brake cable? If extended where did u buy?
That is not my brake cable, That is my clutch cable & throttle cable. This build will have a rear disc brake.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I'm addicted to these 70's.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Curios, what's the budget on this build?? 10k?? Lol... I don't see how ppl build these monster builds.. Your so fortunate to be able to do this. Wish I had deep pockets to build something like this hahaha...
This will be right at 5. No deep pockets here. The guy I worked for, for 25 yrs is now out of business. I now work for 1/3 rd of what I use to make, So I work side jobs on the weekends to be able to support my ADDICTION.

· Banned
1,279 Posts
Hahahaha...right on, 5ks not to bad. It's going to be ridiculous with the frame and motor selection. Can't wait, this is going to be a vary instrumental piece in my motivation to build something like this in the near future, can't afford new but I'm pretty handy with fabrication. Please post lots of pics from all angles haha..

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheels & tires & Battery are ordered.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Parts

I got most of the parts I ordered these last two days. A few small parts and wheels & tires still to come. Now I have something to play with. Now to start taking some weight off my new hubs, & other things.

Reactions: PhilRabbleCroteau
1 - 20 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.