PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was almost complete to begin with but needed serious lovin' and cleaning. I completely rebuilt the forks, painted some silver parts, added a CDI ignition but kept it 6volts. Gel cel battery, new brakes, a few new cables, and of course tires. The chrome was in fairly good shape after about 30 hours of elbow grease with the steel wool. I sandblasted the engine and center stand and pegs, then painted. I also put a new carb on it. Every bolt and washer was cleaned and when I put it all back together, it fired up with the first kick. The only thing left to do is polish the cam cover.

It is all stock except for the carb, CDI, and rack. I rode around town with a big grin and it gets up to 50mph but is screaming at you. It has 13/49 sprockets :p. The 88cc kit is in order for sure and also a new throttle.

Check it out. Clean as a 39 year old whistle.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan-o 50z said:
As always Todd, damn fine work. That was one helluva find.

Thanks Dan. Yeah, I have been lucky with the classic bike finds lately but I have been spending too much time on craigslist....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tblumer said:
Hey why don't you shoot out here and give my G3TR-A some of that lovin'

Hey cool! That wont need much lovin' Maybe just some fore-play.

I have that same pink bike in my garage! ....somewhere behind the minibikes....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I love it. Been wanting one of those myself.

49T on the rear seems awful big. Maybe a 14T or 15T on the front will quieten the screaming and give you a few more mph on the top end?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Branyers said:
I love it. Been wanting one of those myself.

49T on the rear seems awful big. Maybe a 14T or 15T on the front will quieten the screaming and give you a few more mph on the top end?

Definitely, if I only rode on flat streets with no wind :D. I think I would loose some torque if I did that with the stock 72cc.

I think the stock setup is 13/49. I only think that because this bike seems pretty unmolested. The wheels are 17".

This is a campground bike now. The only reason I want the 88 kit in there is peice of mind, and something to brag about..

·
Registered
111 Posts
man that bike is beautiful it looks like the day it came off the assembly line nice work:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Louk

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Branyers said:
Just noticed, you've got an MB5, CB100 and CL70. Very cool collection of big wheeled little Hondas.

Thanks but I only owned the MB5 for a fleeting moment.

The CB100 will be my next hot rod mini, er um, small bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rode one once, much smoother ride than a CT70. I did fireroads and the red dirt in the Camptontonvile araeea of No. Cal. Nice job, these old bikes are lots of fun!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
ShapeShifter, that CL is so pretty it pains me. I never see anything that cool strapped on a Winnebago for a campground bike around here; I've seen C70s and various Asian scooters, but never a CL. You did some fine work there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts