PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a crf50 with a BBR brake kit. The throttle cable is a BBR 510-HXR-5102. So basically when installed into this cheap knockoff carb, the throttle has huge play...i can just sit there and turn it like 1/2 the way before gas comes on. The adjustment on the throttle level is unscrewed all the way so i cant tighten it anymore and yesterday I was trying to rig it and ended up busting the welded on cap off the wire so its time to buy a new throttle cable.

SO what do i need to do? and what do i need to buy?

thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what i figured...so i have the throttle tube but i broke the cable...where can i get a cable to fit in there and where can i get a cable stop to cut and adjust?

·
Registered
24 Posts
If i were you, i would contact BBR and order their throttle that comes with their Bar kit, and get a new throttle cable. I bought the BBR bar kit and it came with a new throttle tube and it works great. If you go to their website and look at the bar kits for your bike at the bottom of that page you will see where everything has its own part number, just call and order a new tube and cable. you should be good to go.

Good luck man!

Caper said:
Hey guys,

I have a crf50 with a BBR brake kit. The throttle cable is a BBR 510-HXR-5102. So basically when installed into this cheap knockoff carb, the throttle has huge play...i can just sit there and turn it like 1/2 the way before gas comes on. The adjustment on the throttle level is unscrewed all the way so i cant tighten it anymore and yesterday I was trying to rig it and ended up busting the welded on cap off the wire so its time to buy a new throttle cable.

SO what do i need to do? and what do i need to buy?

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts