PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well everyone here it is, my chopped up 5-0 swingarm. 8O 8)

i havent actually ridden it yet, but when you can bottom out 9" of travel just bouncing on the bike, you know its just a little soft. :lol: but other that that i am very pleased with the results, its amazing to feel all that travel under you. one things for sure this will be the plushest ride ever, at least until i send my shock over to lahaye for a revalving/ spring...

click www at the bottom of the post for a pic, thanks for looking. :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe thanks, im proud of it too... :D

no thats an ishock in there. just came back from a little joy ride, ya its definitly to soft, but..... oh my god it is soooo plush, amazing. also it really doesnt feel that tall when riding, still handles very nice. i cant wait till i get this thing revalved, its going to be the ultimate suspension, front and back. im so happy! :lol: :p

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
six, ya i cut the top off of the swingarm. originaly it is like a stock style swingarm, like the sano one.

matt, hehe ya it is stretched, this rear gives enough lift though to almost hide that, but not quite. :lol: if you think thats bad check out my gallery and see how it looked with the stock swingarm... 8O

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
show a photo of the mount to the shock on the swing arm that you said you made i would like to see it because i dont think you did it and if you did very nice how did you mont the shock to your frame since it wont mount to the stock mount anymore

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
manwhore, ill get a pic of it tommorow, getting kinda late, but its basicly a clamp that bolts directly onto the sub frame. and yup it is still a stock frame, notice the very nice stretching matt pointed out. :lol:

fr5e0ak, are you kidding me :?: :!: :?: its awesome dude, ill never go back!!!

MpR, definitly go for it! its really not that hard, just take your time and do things right, cuz you wont have a second chance! and if you have access to a milling machine you can make your own top mount too. if not you can just buy one from lahaye for $150.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe MpR haybe you should just stick with your regular swingarm... :lol:

anyway i got the mount pics uploaded, check em out here:

my gallery

oh and also i had to put the chain roller on the top of the SA because the chain was rubbing way to much on the SA. ill just need to get another one for the bottom later.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i think im gonan do wut u did to, i have a five o swingarm and that looks cool, i think ill make a lil diff top mount tho, so the shocks on a diff angle, more leaning forward, then the back wont be as high either. i dunno, i will do lots and lots of planning b4 i do ne thing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
ya he did (guessing), and here are my ideas for the swingarm and top mount. i made a model of one that would work, it will make the shock on about a 45 degree angle and back end a bit lower so its not so ghetto lol.

whatchya think?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.