2. right side brake lever.

3. chain guard

4. chain & sprockets

tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5. I also need a kickstand, the one on it is aftermarket cheap, worth $8 and I do not have much trust in it. Want the Honda original one.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey lowbike1 thanks for the back tail light lense much appreciated

tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out my new back fender from Honda, They still stock them. but a 1988 ZB50 tank???

tmas

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I think that you ned some new rubbers for the kick starter and the shifter. Nice bike. The maroon/red goes good with the black frame.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
way it was

qwoke-q said:
I think that you ned some new rubbers for the kick starter and the shifter. Nice bike. The maroon/red goes good with the black frame.
hey qwoke-q

The kickstarter rubber came like that (looks weird but thats how they were new in 1972.) only a half piece.

I wanted to keep it as original as possible. the shift lever too. Have to show some wear and tea,r thats why i didn't get a brand new seat. :)

tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sanoman23 said:
I like i said before! It is damn sexy!! I love the color!

Sanoman23
thanks sanoman23 but man I like your Blue bike ! wish it was blue.

tmas

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Tmas that looks awesome bud! Nice job!

did you paint it and put new decals on or did you find it in that condition? What's the story on it?

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
d0n said:
Tmas that looks awesome bud! Nice job!

did you paint it and put new decals on or did you find it in that condition? What's the story on it?

hey dOn

I bought the bike in a box. the tank, forks & sidecover were already painted red.

I put the reproduction decals on, also new(used) seat,new headlight dimmer switch, used kill switch, new back fender,petcock, tail light assembly and lense.

I Kreemed the tank.

The bike came with new tires, new headlight, new front fender, complete but I never heard the bike run.

I got it going the other day and it SMOKES which I am not that happy about. going to see what the seller can do for me cause he had a few other engines around.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
72 soft tail

couger70 said:
i have a 69' honda mini trail.......o yeah...its a hard tail!!!!!...damm it hurts to ride
The 1972 was first year of the soft tail design.

tmas

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
tmas said:
I got it going the other day and it SMOKES

My $200 z50r smokes too. The seller forgot to mention that. :rolleyes: It wasn't running when I bought it so :mad: I'll probably pop a new set of rings on and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
d0n said:
My $200 z50r smokes too. The seller forgot to mention that. :rolleyes: It wasn't running when I bought it so :mad: I'll probably pop a new set of rings on and call it a day.
mine smokes like a 2 smoke

I was thinking of going to a bigger bore kit? 88cc, what's available for these older z50 motors?

tmas

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
tmas said:
hey qwoke-q

The kickstarter rubber came like that (looks weird but thats how they were new in 1972.) only a half piece.

tmas

Are you sure they only had half a piece? I can't tell if you're spoofing me or not.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
qwoke-q said:
Are you sure they only had half a piece? I can't tell if you're spoofing me or not.

quoke-q

That is what I asked when I bought the 72 and saw the kicker? but that is the way they came back in 72.

I am sure RAZZO will verify it. no crap.

I have learned tons about the older z50 mini trails. I know a z50 freak.

tmas

1 - 20 of 40 Posts