PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DPMmx said:
Hey six..since your a big dude, short of putting on a bore kit you could try and go up a tooth or two in the rear. Remember, the stock 50 was designed to haul a 50-60 lb. kid.

yea don thats what i was thinking, please email me a price quote for a sprocket +2 rear. thanks

· Registered
567 Posts
Six, if you havent already, put in that extra silver plate that came with your BBR pipe. I put mine on the other day and it made a huge difference.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey blackball, yea i put the silver plate in the hole is off centre, im not sure how its supposed to face but yeait is a lot better on the low side, i am still pretty disapointed with my pipe though :( i think the my carb is holding me back im hoping to throw on an xr70 carb and notice a huge difference....i hope :?

· Registered
986 Posts
SixSixSix said:
...i think the my carb is holding me back im hoping to throw on an xr70 carb and notice a huge difference....i hope :?
if you want a huge difference throw on a basic 88 kit, even with a stock carb it will be wayyy better than stock even with a 70 carb... and only $200 from *NO SPAMMING*

· Registered
567 Posts
SixSixSix said:
hey blackball, yea i put the silver plate in the hole is off centre, im not sure how its supposed to face but yeait is a lot better on the low side, i am still pretty disapointed with my pipe though :(

I dont think it matters, mines not centered. I beleive all it does is just create some more backpressure by not letting the exhaust out as fast. I am pretty happy with my complete stock engine, bbr pipe and a 15t countersprocket. Then again, I only weigh 140lbs.

· Registered
83 Posts
I weigh 200lbs. I run a 16 tooth front & 39 tooth rear; my bike huals ass all through low to mid and is fast enough in 3rd gear wide open. It is set up for a tight wooped out track with alot of berms and turns.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thormx said:
[quote name='SixSixSix']...i think the my carb is holding me back im hoping to throw on an xr70 carb and notice a huge difference....i hope :?
if you want a huge difference throw on a basic 88 kit, even with a stock carb it will be wayyy better than stock even with a 70 carb... and only $200 from *NO SPAMMING*[/quote]

i wanna race the stock class

· Registered
7,005 Posts
mess with your jetting a 70 carb will give you even less bottom end we've done it smalle carb = more bottom bigger carb = topend or try the powroll high comp. piston for stock bore makes a huge difference with there cam its the stock fiddy class killer

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KAOS said:
mess with your jetting a 70 carb will give you even less bottom end we've done it smalle carb = more bottom bigger carb = topend or try the powroll high comp. piston for stock bore makes a huge difference with there cam its the stock fiddy class killer

i understand what your saying but i think that i am going to go with the 17mm carb from fast 50s i think that it will help the pipe out

· Registered
7,005 Posts
that kit is a 70 carb and intake you could most likely get them cheaper at a Honda dealer and just order a uni filter for it but I dont think its worth it for what gain u get. it really just gives a stock bike with a pipe a tiny bit more topend u would get more from a high comp piston and its cheaper just use octain booster or some race gas and it'll smoke a 70 carbed with pipe 50

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Gearing, Carb set ups

Hey guys,

I had a basic 88cc set up, i used the stock carb, 82 main jet, clip all the

way down. BBR pipe, 15-36 gear, foam air cleaner. the bike screemed!!

if you got the bling bling, and know how call classic honda and order the

3spd tranny hopup, changes your 1st gear ratio"now you can use it"

2nd gear ratio stays the same. 3rd gear pulls longer up top.. If anything

It is the best up grade since i in stalled the 88cc kit!!!! I sware by it....

My set up know, I feel I need some kind of clutch set up PPS or actual

manual set up, for starts and corner drives only.... I raced only one race

this year on the east coast but learned a lot sizing up the bikes and comp.

my bike is a "true 88cc" meaning i've got a big valve head and carb, and

a few extra goodies. I can still hang with the"Strokers" You dont need the fastest most expensive bike out there to win. Take your time research

read, ask questions pick your parts carefully strong realliable parts.

Can you really handle 20hp.? take your 6.5 to 9.0 hp learn to ride it and

kick some ass!!!! rely on your riding skills learn to use bikes full power.

Thanks Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL #38

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Stock gearing

Hey six,

Gearing is one of the most difficult performance to choose.

you just got to have a good selection of sprockets. stick with a workable

countershaft or front sprocket. then get a few rear gears if you have

example 14/37 get a 38,39. for short straights lots of jumps and turns.

and 14/37 get 36,35. for long straights wide turns . not all tracks are the same.

hope this helps Thanks Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL #38

· Registered
3 Posts
gearing

cb said:
I weigh 200lbs. I run a 16 tooth front & 39 tooth rear; my bike huals ass all through low to mid and is fast enough in 3rd gear wide open. It is set up for a tight wooped out track with alot of berms and turns.
I got an 84 Z50 and im getting the TB88ccrace head kit,would that gearing be to high for me to run?

· Registered
3 Posts
race head gearing

OLDSCHOOL said:
Hey six,

Gearing is one of the most difficult performance to choose.

you just got to have a good selection of sprockets. stick with a workable

countershaft or front sprocket. then get a few rear gears if you have

example 14/37 get a 38,39. for short straights lots of jumps and turns.

and 14/37 get 36,35. for long straights wide turns . not all tracks are the same.

hope this helps Thanks Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL #38
I have an 1984 Z50 with a TB 88cc race head kit on it, what gearing would you recommend?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.