PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's Mini to the Max's new (used) 2002 KLX110. Bought it so we could test out parts for it, give reviews, and and helpful write-ups on the 110 side of things. She's a bit scratched here and there but the motor is strong and runs like a top. Needs some new graphics too I think. :) More pics to come. But what do you guys think so far?

If anyone has stuff they'd like to see on MTTM about klx110s, let me know!

·
Registered
462 Posts
might wanna check the vin #'s too

·
Registered
107 Posts
50ccchick said:
hm. Well I will check and see. Still like it though :)
just giving you a heads up :D i think 02 was green, 03 black, and 04 Silver..but dont quote me on that...they are a totally different ride than a 50....my big problem right now is that there isnt enough tunability with the stock carb, i'm trying to decide on an aftermarket one. also...switch to the two brothers over the top brake lever, if you drop it with the stock break leaver you'll bend it everytime!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the heads up Slinky! It's all good info. I am going to chek on the year this morning and see whats up. Maybe it was a 2002 bought in 2003. Who knows. I don't think the configuration of it has changed since 2002 though other than color. Has it?

Let me know what you figure out on your bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep its a 2002. Confrimed by bigminis. The shift shaft changed in 05 the crank in 03. Haven't paid the full amount yet, just teh deposit so maybe the guy will discount it a bit when I point out to him it isn't an 03. We'll see.

·
Registered
107 Posts
50ccchick said:
Yep its a 2002. Confrimed by bigminis. The shift shaft changed in 05 the crank in 03. Haven't paid the full amount yet, just teh deposit so maybe the guy will discount it a bit when I point out to him it isn't an 03. We'll see.
well glad i could help..let me know what the guys says when you tell him its not an 03....but like you said, he may have bought it in 03 as a left over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I told him and he shot back, "no it isn't its a 2003 the guy I bought it from said it was 2003", so I told him I called the other guy (which I did and he wasn't sure). So this guy is mad cuz he thinks the other guy rips him off. So, in the spirit of just getting the heck outta there cuz I'm really sick with a cold and because I'd already made the deal and shook hands the day before, I told him to talk to the other guy and get some money back then send some back to me.

I know I'll see that happen when monkeys fly outta my rear. The guy that sold it to this guy is supposedly some big racing legend. He will be a legend to me foreever for misrepresenting. Course in all honesty I coulda been a little smarter on telling the years too. It says it right on the VIN box. DUH.

But thanks for the help here everyone. I took all the old stickers off last night and it looks much better. When I am feeling better I'll ride it more and give you all a report.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.