PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a few years old...

Was that motor a semi auto? if so, would you happen to know what motor that is exactly?
I'm trying to find a 125cc to 250cc that's semi auto and electric start with the shift pattern either all up or all down and without reverse.

i did find this.... but its uk
Lifan 125cc Semi Auto. Electric Start Pit Bike Engine B/S

thanks

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that has reverse. They do have the Lifan with semi 4 up, no reverse. BUT it's only kick start.
Thanks guys.
I'm putting an electric shift on something and I wouldn't be able to use the ones with reverse. i need to have a shift pattern all up or all down..... just thought of this... unless you have to unlock a pin or something in the trans allowing you to go into reverse. Does anyone know how revers works on those motors? just drops from neutral to reverse as if it was 1st gear or shift to neutral, pull a cable then reverse?

Another thought is to get the kick motor you said and swap to electric start... don't know if you can... anyone know?

I just found this btw... $150 more than i wanted to spend
Lifan Engine Kit 125cc Auto Shift 4? Engine Electric Start Fits Honda E Start | eBay

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
I had a Chinese 110 quad with the reverse being in the 1st gear position R-N-1-2-3

As far as converting kick to electric start, the cases and left side covers are different, to accomodate the flywheel/one-way clutch and starter motor chain. The stator is usually inside the left side cover, with the flywheel mounted on the crank.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a Chinese 110 quad with the reverse being in the 1st gear position R-N-1-2-3

As far as converting kick to electric start, the cases and left side covers are different, to accomodate the flywheel/one-way clutch and starter motor chain. The stator is usually inside the left side cover, with the flywheel mounted on the crank.
Wasn't sure if it was a bolt on bracket or the entire left side case.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have knowledge of where i can find a 125cc to 250cc semi auto with electric start?

i did find this.... but its uk
Lifan 125cc Semi Auto. Electric Start Pit Bike Engine B/S

I started this another thread and figured i'd stop high jacking that thread.... here's what was discussed.... also the motor doesn't have to be horizontal

that has reverse. They do have the Lifan with semi 4 up, no reverse. BUT it's only kick start.
Thanks guys.
I'm putting an electric shift on something and I wouldn't be able to use the ones with reverse. i need to have a shift pattern all up or all down..... just thought of this... unless you have to unlock a pin or something in the trans allowing you to go into reverse. Does anyone know how revers works on those motors? just drops from neutral to reverse as if it was 1st gear or shift to neutral, pull a cable then reverse?

Another thought is to get the kick motor you said and swap to electric start... don't know if you can... anyone know?

I just found this btw... $150 more than i wanted to spend
Lifan Engine Kit 125cc Auto Shift 4? Engine Electric Start Fits Honda E Start | eBay

Wasn't sure if it was a bolt on bracket or the entire left side case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.