PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with tuning my motor. Honda motor, with Tak cylinder and cam, 52mm piston from dratv, shengway 20mm carb. I did the install on the 88 kit, and I can get it running, but its just not anywhere near where I want it. If anyone can help out in San Diego I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Piston seems kinda of "sticky" When kick starting it, there is sometimes what seems like a tight point, where the kickstarter is tough to move. I cant get it to idle smoothly either.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i read that the motor will be little harder to kick over with the stroker kits

make sure your timing is good and that you have the carb adjusted. i'm not much of a motor builder but that's as much as i know.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has the stock stroke, yeah its harder to kick over, but it shouldnt feel tight in certain spots. Timing should be right on, and externally I've adjusted the carb as much as I can.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
yeah you bought a 52.0mm piston right? i might have linked you to a 52.4mm for a china bike, i dont remember.

did you get the cylinder honed at a shop? yeah it shouldnt be sticky in some spots

it should run good with the tak cam with that 20mm carb. did you get a jet kit?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it honed at a pretty well known shop here that has been around for 20+ years. I am pretty sure I got the 52.0 piston, I dont even remember seeing the .4 option. I didnt get a jet kit for the carb, that may be my problem. I just cant get it to a decent idle, its extremely high.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
we dont' even know what hte problem is besides a "sticky feeling" in the kick stroke... the 88 will feel tight when kicking it over on the compression stroke, but other than that what's going on with it?

the jet with the Takegawa cam should be main = 87, needle in the middle or one lower position and fuel scerw 1 1/2 turns out and that shouold be pretty damn close... but really we need to know if there's a problem in performance or if it just feels different than the stock fiddy use to *shrugs*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.