PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally about to get around to doing my motor build. Its going to be the TB 108. couple questions. Do I honestly need that kickstart spindle they say is needed? Also what spark plug should I use? Do I need the $60 kitaco ignition box? Not the Hyper cdi but the one that plugs into the actual spark plug, mind went blank just now. Im sure Ill have plenty more questions down the road. Kinda thinking I should just toss in a c/r tranny since Im splitting the cases anyways.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Honda kick shaft should be fine, unless you run a Tak kicker that swings WAY out.

If you have a complete Honda ignition system, you don't really NEED any thing, except maybe a flywheel lightening.

CR 3 or 4-speed? The 3 speed is a lot cheaper, but you may regret the shorter 3rd if you run big tracks. Just use the 1st and kick gear from the kit, resell the 3rd to a tight kart-track guy.

As long as the cases are coming apart, upping to 117 from the 108 kit is only about $20 more, if sticking with the 25/22 head. I love that combo. You can use the new lighter 54mm piston and have quicker revs and more compression.

Just my pair-O-pennies:)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the older TB head which is the 23/20 valves. I would need to buy new piston, rings, and bore out the case right? I dont race just got the stroker kit for super cheap so thought Id try it lol. I do run the tak kick start lever the 5ft long one lol. So should I get the spindle for a 108cc? Does that AHP one from you have the longer 1st gear? I really just want a longer first and 2nd to stay same or longer. Since I wheelie I dont leave those two gears unless Im pinning it for endos but I doubt wiht 108 ill do that. Im thinkn as soon as I get rid of this z50ak1 motor im gonna hit you up for some these parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts