PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new here so nice to meet you all.

My my question is, had anyone heard anything from anyone at motoped in a while? I have tried sending emails over the last couple weeks but got no replies. No answer at the phone number either. I have been seeking information about the survival bike as a disassembled kit to purchase.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has had contact and that maybe they are just busy or if they have closed up shop.

I really want want one of these bikes so I hope they are just busy.

Thanks guys.

CanadianAME

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I would suggest doing some research (thread searches here) on them specifically. It doesn't sound like they have been the best vendor/source up to this point. There is another seller that has been mentioned before in the motoped threads so perhaps finding them and reaching out will prove best. -HFM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have read that they haven't been the most reliable but I was hoping that was in the past.

Thanks for the link. It's good to see that there is another vendor. They didn't have a listing for the survival bike but I'll message them and see what they can do.

Thanks for the help guys.

Nice to meet you all.

editted for spelling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please keep us informed on your progress in obtaining a Survival Motoped. I still haven't ruled out buying one myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's up with Motoped? I see their FB has a lot of action but I can't find much else and this forum seems dead.

I see the website still has a crazy wait time. Is it safe to pick one of these up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
still a small struggling company with a niche product..
but motopeds have been around for ~8years..
(and are more available and lower priced now than ever before)
how long are you going to wait??
they will likely never be a big major player like honda, yamaha, etc..

There is one available near me I could buy right now. I'm just curious where they might be as a company before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I completely understand. I'm definitely not comparing them to any major motorcycle brand. Just wanna make sure I'll be able to get a part if needed anytime in the near future, lol. Maybe I'll pick up the pro I'm looking at.

still a small struggling company with a niche product..
but motopeds have been around for ~8years..
(and are more available and lower priced now than ever before)
how long are you going to wait??
they will likely never be a big major player like honda, yamaha, etc..

·
Registered
35 Posts
We are a Motoped dealer, I have been to the factory and met all the staff. Great guys. They aren't going anywhere, it just took them way longer than they thought to catch up with the large amount of Kickstarter orders.

We will carry every motoped part. We have a large order in with them now...

--John

·
Registered
615 Posts
We are a Motoped dealer, I have been to the factory and met all the staff. Great guys. They aren't going anywhere, it just took them way longer than they thought to catch up with the large amount of Kickstarter orders.

We will carry every motoped part. We have a large order in with them now...

--John
This is a really sore subject with me, and I wasnt gonna reply and let it be, but Im gonna go ahead and fire away.
If youve been to the "factory" I have to assume youve been to Mainland China.
If youve met all of the staff, you either speak Chinese, or are speaking of the staff in California. In which case, theyre not great guys, theyre liars, that couldnt even reply to a simple email without sending it multiple times, and still gave untrue information.
Since they arent going anywhere, why did they sell out to Motovox, who doesnt seem to be able to run it any better than Cam did?
Kickstarter was a known quantity once the campaign ended, and they had 6 plus months to get their product to market. They made those time frame promises themselves.
You are the 5th dealer that I recall thats gonna carry every part, I hope you do, but to date Im not aware of any that really do.

Why am I so bitter towards Motoped? Well after several missed delivery dates, without explanation, or even contacting to say we have supplier issues, I sat and waited hoping I didnt get scammed. I stepped up and paid the additional $700 for Marzocchi front and rear suspension, and what shows up at my door is a box full of DNM shit. 3 weeks of calls and emails before I can finally get any acknowledgement from Motopeds, and then it was we'll look into it. Before they "looked into it" they sold out to APT Motovox, who isnt willing to own up to the $700 in parts that are owed to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
spiz5, the APT Factory is in Kansas City. I visited when we took delivery of our fist bunch of bikes. I can defiantly understand your frustration.

The good news is since the APT buyout, they (APT) is exclusivly doing motopeds and is concentrating all of their effort on the product. Supply issues are tough, as I know since we deal with China directly for several parts we sell.

Possibly I can help, send me a PM and ill get you my email....

--John

·
Registered
196 Posts
@canadianAME
A motoped survival bike - OK - You might want to purchase ten dozen rear tires at the same time though
@spiz5
Dam thats some fricked up krap

·
Registered
615 Posts
@canadianAME
A motoped survival bike - OK - You might want to purchase ten dozen rear tires at the same time though
@spiz5
Dam thats some fricked up krap
Yaeh definately not happy with the whole mess. To make it sting a little more a few years ago one of the guys from APT Motovox were all over another forum pimping their new Smart Carb, and taking preorders with a delivery date announced. That date came and went and we all waited patiently for our carbs to show up. Months went by before they were really available, so when this company bought Motopeds, I knew it wasnt gonna be any better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
everybody must be careful from this company
it is better to buy from a dealer than to buy from him
dont book or pay advance , just pay the same time of delivery from a dealer , you need to visit a dealer to be sure that it is available for sale and you can take it direct
the motoped company is a liars , not care of customers and not replay emails
take more order than they can deliver
give you deliver time for 50cc 3 weeks and for 125cc 6 weeks but you need to wait more than 6 month and also you will not receive your order
they take your money to order the bike from china and this is not enough ,they also will invest your money by selling your bike to other recommended dealer for him and keep you waiting maybe for ever !!!
they give Priority for some dealer and some not , why ?
i was discusses with him to be a dealer in UAE and they agree and i but order and now more than 6 month waiting , some time replay with different reason but they are not honest
they doing marketing and also selling , but for some dealer , maybe this dealer pay more to take this order and not waiting , this is not correct way to do business especially with a manufacturer and have a dealer
i still trying to get my order or retain my money and they are not replay from that time

·
Registered
36 Posts
I lucked out and got my downhill kit in mid '14. Put in a 140 motor.
Their communication was so so when taking my money, but after I gave them my money (directly to Motoped) it got quiet.
The kit arrived a little late, but it arrived! China stuff yes, but decent enough. No communication to be had after I received the kit, ever.
Mine sits pretty brand new, and just used occasionally. It built up just fine, and it is fun!
With the wide based pedal setup, it IS an ankle biter (ouch!).
I figure its a disposable toy. Once something breaks or wears out, it is done...
Its a shame they stick it to people, because it is a very novel concept.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts