PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jut got a set of these Pisters motard wheel setups. Has anyone ran them on the streets. I see they come with DOT approved Kenda tires. But I notice the front tire is setting out of round on the wheel. Both front and back are 110-70's...Is the tire too wide not letting it center correctly or did I just get a bad mounted set? I will delfate it and re-bead it to see if it can be corrected. Just curious if any you guys are running them?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott982 said:
I really like mine. I was dragging knee the other day at 50mph and they were really stable. I also ride trails and they seem to work pretty good off road as well.
Scotty did you have to remount and center yours up..or were they good to go when you got them?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I think I may be the only detractor here. I have the x4m and these were the tires that came on it. I was not the biggest fan of them to be honest. Once the V2 head was put on and it was geared 17/33 I found the tires unstable at speed on turns. I guess the term speed is relative, but I ride this thing 55mph crusing and will blast into the upper 70's when the mood strikes me.

I actually got rid of the wheels altogether and put 2.5" wide rims with Dunlop TT92s front and rear on it. I feel much better about it now.

My honest opinion, and you may not agree, is that these wheels and tires are more suited for just a smaller bike. I personally like a wider rim and wider tire for more contact with the ground. For me, the rear tire has to be 120mm minimal.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Yeah, I went all the way to a 130 on my first GS1100;) I agree, they won't be the hot setup for a hot setup, but for dirt roading and a little street riding, they'll be fine. The price war RIGHT on them, so still a good investment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.