PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limited to stock on hand LXM 12x12 Motard bikes with 155 Z motor

was $2099- NOW $1,999 SAVE OVER $700 now!!!

Order Here Online

or

Call us: 801-796-7416

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sumo said:
Can they be street legal in CA?

I wish!! Sorry, not happening right now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
how about oregon I know that oregon dmv will transfer an out of state title without any trouble but dont know about registering a new bike

·
Registered
409 Posts
skipbuysparts said:
how about oregon I know that oregon dmv will transfer an out of state title without any trouble but dont know about registering a new bike

I got a LXM last summer and I got street legal in Oregon!

Super fun on the street!

·
Registered
84 Posts
oregon dmv said thay wont register a bike that does not come from the factory as a duel sport thay would not register my 06crf450 w/light kit

or my 08 crf50 w/baha light kit because thay did not come as a duel sport

thats what thay told me at hillsboro dmv on 6/22/10 both bikes were in the truck and i had a big pile o cash and thay still told me no!!!!:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

·
Registered
451 Posts
my 86 xr 600 was registered and street legal in cali and I transfered the title to my name and they licensed it no questons its posible to skate the rules and if you get lucky the dmv workers might be nice

·
Registered
235 Posts
You might get one but when they figure it out you lose the plate. Ca. doesnt want new pit bike bikes on our roads so I dont see this happening ever. Only chance is buying a old school bike and restoring it. My buddy had a plated klx that was impounded a month ago in Oceanside. He had a exhaust and kit carb. Cop impounded it for being modified. Still hasnt got it back nor will he.

A dealership here was plating Huskys and KTMs when they super motod them with light kits. DMV and EPA found out they were getting round they system and they were nailed with 100g fine plus other fines and all the plates were revoked. Bet their were a few people ready to sue!

Matified said:
There have been a few people that have gotten them plated in Cali,, but not sure how they did it, or where they went to to get it done?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
miniguy said:
You might get one but when they figure it out you lose the plate. Ca. doesnt want new pit bike bikes on our roads so I dont see this happening ever. Only chance is buying a old school bike and restoring it. My buddy had a plated klx that was impounded a month ago in Oceanside. He had a exhaust and kit carb. Cop impounded it for being modified. Still hasnt got it back nor will he.

A dealership here was plating Huskys and KTMs when they super motod them with light kits. DMV and EPA found out they were getting round they system and they were nailed with 100g fine plus other fines and all the plates were revoked. Bet their were a few people ready to sue!
Yep,, that is why these are not advertsied street legal in comifornia, But I was just stating there are a few running around that area with plates.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
dont wanna be rude but that isnt true...I am a CA car and bike dealer and dealt with the local DMV. they even plated my ct70 which has a huge off road only sticker. They will not plate any red stickered bike for sure. THEY WILL plate a bike that the 8th digit is not a C or 3. They are plating ktm's and aprilia's. Minis ya they wont. Thats why I got my dealer plate on order for a motorcycle so I can throw it on my crf50 once I get a baja kit...

And CA says you cant bring in a vehicle from out of state that A. has less than 7500 miles unless youve 1. on a trip car broke and no choice but buy new and show paperwork 2. lived out of state and moved with it 3. if family gifts it and theyve had it for an amount they deem reasonable. My brother lives in Beaverton and Im trying to get his R1 here but has under 7500 miles and bank wont let him gift it since they have title.

If you have a plate and reg they cant revoke it unless you havent paid reg and it is late and then they notice it and want to be asses. Once your plated your grandfathered in. Even the crf50s that have plates and are on the road they cant touch them.

Though I havent tried maybe getting one of those bicycle/moped under 50cc stickers would work but I dont know never cared to check on that. CA DMV doesnt care so much as CARB. Its their fault we cant plate dirtbikes.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phillips945 said:
Is this the klx 110 style engine?

Do you ship these to Indiana?

It uses a KLX type head yes, and Yes we can ship to Indiana!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts