PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
No for low end grunt you would want to add to your flywheel's mass. I would suggest you modify gearing if you are looking for low end as adding to your flywheel would have you hung by your balls on this site.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Why would you need more low end grunt with a TB88cc kit? I can't even use first gear with my 88cc setup. Are you entering into a hill climbing competition?

If you want more low end power, go to a SMALLER front cog, or larger rear cog.

If you want more top speed, and taller gearing go LARGER in the front, and smaller in the rear

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I agree with that. I have a manual on mine, nothing can beat it for getting the R's up and rocketing out of a corner.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I ment clutches in general Bryce lol. I can imagine that thing would be almost scary coming out of a corner. Im only running the 88 with clutch and I have a stock flywheel and mine still seem pretty radical lol. But yeah, go with a manual clutch setup, that will give the grunt and out of corner pull you are looking for.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
A LIGHTER FLYWHEEL WOULD MAKE MORE BOTTOM END AND MAKE LESS TOPEND ALSO A SMALLER HEAD PIPE WOULD WAKE IT UP ON THE BOTTOM END HIT AS I KNOW THE BBR BIGBORE PIPE KILLS BOTTOM END TOO MUCH

·
Registered
294 Posts
KAOS said:
A LIGHTER FLYWHEEL WOULD MAKE MORE BOTTOM END AND MAKE LESS TOPEND ALSO A SMALLER HEAD PIPE WOULD WAKE IT UP ON THE BOTTOM END HIT AS I KNOW THE BBR BIGBORE PIPE KILLS BOTTOM END TOO MUCH
WRONG, a lighter fly wheel will make less bottom, and more top end. A lighter fly wheel will rap up quicker, but not make more bottom end. If you want more bottom end install a stroker crank. I installed the dr.atv stroker in my 88cc bore and wow, the turns I was coming out of in 2nd, I'm now coming out of them in 3rd with one bigger on the front sproket.

·
Registered
938 Posts
you could get a 70 carb, thats what im running and it has pretty decent torque for a stock head 88. you will sacrafice top end though. but the torque is what makes a motor fun... it feel comparable to a 106 that i rode, but of course the 106 killed mine in mid and top end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.