PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this after a friend bought the kit and we installed it on his bike. First of all thank you T-Bolt for the fast shipping and you always have good customer service. The issue is with the graphics and the plastic.

I told him to buy this kit because i figured the graphics would be on better than we could install them, but both shroud graphics are so far off that they are hanging off the plastic, and the front and rear are way off center. As for the plastic you should put up a warning that they are not bolt on. The rear fender is too wide for the X4 subframe. We had to do some major bending and tweaking to get it in there. Had to drill new holes in the front fender and slot all the holes to be able to get the side plates on while still using a lot of muscle to bend them into place. Also had to cut part of the ride side plate for it not to interfere with the rear fender. The front number plate is also a completely different style that required some cutting and a much longer bolt to mount up. While none of these are huge issues it was just a major PITA that took up way more of my night than I expected.

Once again I am sure it is not your fault but maybe you should look into the supplier of the kit a little more.

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
Thank you for the kinds words about of service.

Very sorry the product did not fit quite as well as expected and for your challenging installation.

We will review this with the distributor.

Feel free to have your friend contact us directly via email as this is the first notice of the problem we have received.

As with many Pit bike products there may be some minor adjustments needed and we are glad your crew was able to handle it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Thanks Vince

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
stevos50nuts said:
everything needs to be tweeked in the pitbike world

Had to jump in here and x'2 this.....ain't it the truth ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts