PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got lxr and now ive come accross the second problem with the molkt carb 1st the threads went that hold the bowl on and now the little pin thats in the barral has gone missing so my throttle piston or what ever its called dont stay in properly what a load of S H I T !!!!

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
I see you are in the UK. When did you buy the bike and from who? Have you talked to the dealer about getting it covered under warranty?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm on my second Molkt carb also...it's on my new built motor with 2 hours on it. I went ahead and bought a second one just so I could ride and not wait on sending the carb in. Who should I contact about sending the bad carb to?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pitster said:
I see you are in the UK. When did you buy the bike and from who? Have you talked to the dealer about getting it covered under warranty?
i baugt the bike off john from fiddy parts U.K in november last year i sent 1 carb back to him a few months ago and he sent me a new 1 and now the new 1 has broke so i want to get a Keihin now the molkt carbs need to be changed by pitster as standerd im going to contact john now

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TfnG said:
I'm on my second Molkt carb also...it's on my new built motor with 2 hours on it. I went ahead and bought a second one just so I could ride and not wait on sending the carb in. Who should I contact about sending the bad carb to?
im lucky at the moment ive got a spare bike not pitster but nstill able to ride i am looking for another pitster lxr tho second hand.... if ur from the uk then contact fiddyparts otherwise contact pitster on here

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
kg70 said:
ive got lxr and now ive come accross the second problem with the molkt carb 1st the threads went that hold the bowl on and now the little pin thats in the barral has gone missing so my throttle piston or what ever its called dont stay in properly what a load of S H I T !!!!
well from what your sayin,,, the threads stripping out is a issue with the person that has the screwdriver in their hand IMO...

·
Registered
765 Posts
^^^what he said. quit putting the screw tip on your breaker bar lol . its a vacuum controlled gas leak aka carburetor be gentle with any threads in a carb or they will strip easily hence brass screws

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mutinytattoo said:
well from what your sayin,,, the threads stripping out is a issue with the person that has the screwdriver in their hand IMO...
they stripped out when i was in the middle of a race i serviced it put the bowl back on not to tight just about tight enough for screws to stay in went out in heat 1 and the bowl fell of and lost few screws and no threads thats not my fault ive had bikes for the last 16 years and never had a problem!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JCEN said:
I agree just buy a good carb and be done with it
thats what im going to do but dont know witch 1 to buy 28 or get the standard size 26mm as im going to big bore my bike soon so will i need a 28mm when it gets done ?

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
Get a 28mm PE,PWK or TM28 now.

Wont hurt you, it will give you more top end.

You may need to re-tune it once you do your BBK.

Look around the PM site at what other guys are running

and for what type of racing, You will find guys like all three so we offer all three.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
T Bolt USA said:
Get a 28mm PE,PWK or TM28 now.

Wont hurt you, it will give you more top end.

You may need to re-tune it once you do your BBK.

Look around the PM site at what other guys are running

and for what type of racing, You will find guys like all three so we offer all three.
so if i get a good 28mm i will just have to play with the jetting so it runs finethen isi... ivat the moment the set up i have got is awesome had my mechanic to help me get it right and now its right ive had the problem so what carb would you recomend the best 1 out of them 3 you have recomended ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts