PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mod help needed for fitting KLX110 for my daughter's BIG growth spurt

My daughter had an off the chart growth spurt during the last two years that during which she has not ridden at all. She wanted to get back to riding, but is no where near ready for a clutch. At 12 years old she shot up to lanky and athletic 5' 4", 106 pound basketball player.

I got the KLX110 for the added horsies, and have read a lot of posts on this forum. But many are for modding for adults to ride and adding power. Can someone help me with mods for increasing the ride height, suspension work if necessary, and related items. And specifics would help..models of items, website they are on, how the mod is done and what they improve, etc. Maybe even a total package of the basics that might need to be done to get the height up... but the bike won't be raced and stunts wont be done on it. Just my tall 12 year old daughter having fun riding in the fields.

Been looking at something simple to start like the BBR Shock Spring and BBR fork Springs. Will this combo help at all? if so, anything else. If not, what other options?

Don't mind spending some money, but don't need to go overboard either.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as money goes, many of what I have read have gone into specs and performance that she won't need, so I don't need to dish out $1,000 in performance enhancers. We are just trail and field riding. Just need height adjustment mods that won't result in a poor or difficult to handle bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a daughter the same age (well actually she's 15 now) I built us up similar KLX's W/ stock engines, KX60 forks, Shock spacers, Tall seats, and triple clamps w/ big bars. Really helped out a lot. I've since converted mine to a BBR rear swinger & Marzocchi front end (kind of went off the deep end). I have the other stuff laying around from my bike, if you'd like I can send pictures of the bikes for you to reference (I don't think I could get my daughter to pose on it though). If it looks like something you might be interested in you could make me an offer.
Either way, good luck.
-Robbrt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pictures would be great! [email protected] I've been looking on the web for big bars for the 110 but all I am finding are for the CRF50.

Thanks!

I have a daughter the same age (well actually she's 15 now) I built us up similar KLX's W/ stock engines, KX60 forks, Shock spacers, Tall seats, and triple clamps w/ big bars. Really helped out a lot. I've since converted mine to a BBR rear swinger & Marzocchi front end (kind of went off the deep end). I have the other stuff laying around from my bike, if you'd like I can send pictures of the bikes for you to reference (I don't think I could get my daughter to pose on it though). If it looks like something you might be interested in you could make me an offer.
Either way, good luck.
-Robbrt

·
Registered
196 Posts
The ProTaper CRF50 bars will work for a 110, that's what's on mine. On my daughters it has some TAG Mini bars on it. The 50 bars are taller than the Tag/Renthal ones. I Think Tbolt might have some bars on their site as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.