PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is mad fun...

cliffs: me and buddy went out by my house today riding around, big golf course and lots of trails nearby (i live on mountain foothills), golf course has no fence, trail leads right to it. golf course has some fun little rollers, sand traps, and a few of the rollers have nice lips so they're jumpable... basically made a mini SX course, then had to run from security... bahaha. all in all a good afternoon/evening ride.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have a golf course about 2 blocks away from my house. I have done the same thing and it is by far some of the best riding I have done either on a track or trail riding. The grass is so nice and maintained you can get some mad speed and some of the takeoffs are on the greens and the tee-offs and man the lips to them are so fun to jump.

If you haven't rode on a golf course yet I highly prefer that you do so. But beware....

You will have to run from security as Josephine and myself have had to do. I think that was the best part of riding on a golf course was, runnig from the fuzz.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Sure, I had dreams of fresh knobs on my CR500, ripping across the greens. Bikes already have such a bad rap though, that I'd advise against it. Felony malicious destruction charges are no joke either. If you're old enough that your pimples have cleared up, you stand a chance of doing time and making some new "close friends". If the cop doesn't accidentally run you over in pursuit. Cruisers corner better than even road race bikes and don't lowside.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, as much fun as I am sure it would be, it's just not a good idea. The risk of spending time in jail just for a little bit of riding? Sound pretty foolish to me. Also if you really did tear up one (or more) of those greens you had better hope they never catch you, because each one of those greens costs at least $10,000 each year, and I emphasize AT LEAST. If you should choose to continue your foolish vandalism spree I suggest you get a good lawyer because the amount of damage you caused is going to put you right in the felony charge range. And federal Pound me in the *** prison just doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
OUCR250R said:
Yeah, as much fun as I am sure it would be, it's just not a good idea. The risk of spending time in jail just for a little bit of riding? Sound pretty foolish to me. Also if you really did tear up one (or more) of those greens you had better hope they never catch you, because each one of those greens costs at least $10,000 each year, and I emphasize AT LEAST. If you should choose to continue your foolish vandalism spree I suggest you get a good lawyer because the amount of damage you caused is going to put you right in the felony charge range. And federal Pound me in the *** prison just doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

haha yeah i was going to say cool you actually hit up a golf course then I almost **** my pants when you said ruts across the green just as OUCR said they cost 10,000 to maintain that doesn count how much they were to start up..... your looking at 30,000 for them to just create the green...... I hate to be a dic* about stuff like this but when your getting into that money range with out race fuel your headed for the jail......

·
Registered
378 Posts
Please don't do that. As an avid pitbike, motocross racer and GOLFER, it not only angers me to hear such adolescent behavior, but only fuels the fire for those who oppose motor vehicles. Please act responsibly and use your head for something other than a baseball hat. It is acts like that that ruin it for everyone else. What if someone found out it was you and made you work all summer at that golf course to fix what you had done. Who would be laughing now?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks a lot a$$hole. Like motorcyclists don't have it bad enough already, we've got people like you out doing stupid sh1t like this. Hope you had a good time, cause now the green fees at that course are prolly gonna double for the local golfers just to pay for the damage you caused. I used to build golf courses for a living, so I know firsthand how much hard work goes into it. What a bonehead.

·
Registered
424 Posts
he wouldnt be working all summer more like 3 years... hahaha yea i play golf occasionally, and yes i do eye some sick ass gaps across sand traps, but i dont go in there tearing it up... golf courses higher a guy that just maintains greens, and thats all he does, i cant explain how much work time effort plus money goes into thoose greens each year. if its a good couse we talk 40,000 per green plus maintinace...if it was me dont ride the course they have race trakcs if u want jumps or rent a bobcat like i do ^^. oh yea plus most guys a golf course are strict crazy mofo's. if u google "Airhorn golf", ull see what im talking about was a prank with jackass crew... pretty funny

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
before you guys flip out even more, we didnt cause ANY damage. all that we did was flatten the grass the areas we rode causing it to look like little tiny ruts. no grass was destroyed. and yes i know we're not going to do it again because last night we realized how much time and money goes into it. and no we're not working to get bikes outlawed in our area, we've only done this TWICE, for only around 10 minutes each time. if you want me to post pics of the area we rode on just to prove that we didnt **** everything up I will. it's not like we went there with the intent to "ride and destroy," doing burnouts all over the place. If I do say so myself, I'm a smart kid and would never purposely destroy someone elses property especially something as valuable as a golf course. All we did was go out there, ride on the tall grass for a little bit (we only rode on the green once) and jump a few rollers for around 10 minutes. I already was a bit worried, knowing we could get slammed for trespassing alone and the golf course wouldn't hesitate to sue the **** out of us, which is why we got in quick, rode a little bit, and left. I thought it was a bit of fun, so I thought I'd post up and others could share their stories, like Waffle and whatnot. Sorry I made it seem like I blew the place up :p. I guess I'll take the "ruts on the green" out to avoid further confusion.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hpiguy said:
Thanks a lot a$$hole. Like motorcyclists don't have it bad enough already, we've got people like you out doing stupid sh1t like this. Hope you had a good time, cause now the green fees at that course are prolly gonna double for the local golfers just to pay for the damage you caused. I used to build golf courses for a living, so I know firsthand how much hard work goes into it. What a bonehead.
No damage was caused

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OUCR250R said:
once again, no damage was caused.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Josephine said:
before you guys flip out even more, we didnt cause ANY damage. all that we did was flatten the grass the areas we rode causing it to look like little tiny ruts. no grass was destroyed.

Just showing up you caused damage. The greens are not meant to support point forces from narrow bike tires, and if you were doing any jumping you just made the problem worse.

Even if you didn't do any physical damage though, you left tracks, and that's enough to piss the world off, and cause damage for motorcyclist everywhere.

Hate to say this, but yeah you did a stupid thing, prepare for people to go off on you and be justified in doing so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.