PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, I'm Trying To Build A 114 Stroker Motor For My Girlfriends 03 Xr70 cheap!

These Are The Parts And Peices I Have Laying Around I Want To Use:

-LIFAN 107CC 49.5 CRANK

-complete 03 Xr70 Engine W E22 China Head And Cam (in Bike)

-200? Ssr 107cc Cases, Head Studs, Timing Chain Cost $50

-tb 114 Hc Piston And Cylinder Kit Wgaskets Cost$110 (thanks Matt)

-tb 20mm Carb And Intake (free From Friend)

These Are My Questions:

-can I Use The Cases From The 107 And Put In All The Honda Trans Parts Instead Of Boring The 70 Cases?

-will A 20 Mm Carb Be Enough? (i'm Not Looking For A Rocket Here)

-what Would Be The Best And Cheapest All Around Cam For The E22 On A 114 Combo? I Believe It Has The Short Cam.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I Think It's A Lifan 107. I Just Took Apart The 107 And I'm About To Disassemble The 70 Engine. So Far I Think It Will Work. The Only Parts I'm Using From The 107 Are The Cases, Timing Chain, And Crank. I'm Going To Use All The Other Honda Parts To Assemble The Bottom End. So Really I'm Putting Honda Internals In China Cases.

Wish Me Luck!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WELL.....IT DOESN'T WORK. THE TRANSMISSION BEARINGS IN THE CHINA CASES USES ROLLER BEARINGS, AND THE HONDA USES NEEDLE BEARINGS. THE HONDA TRANS SHAFT IS A LITTLE THICKER THAN THE I.D. OF THE CHINA TRANS BEARING. I WAS THINKING OF HONING OUT THE I.D. OF THE BEARINGS BUT I DECIDED TO BORE THE CASES WITH A DIE GRINDER AND ABOUT AN HOUR OF CAREFULL GRINDING TO MAKE THE CASE FIT THE 54MM BORE CYLINDER. SO FAR SO GOOD. SO NOW I PAID 50 BUCKS FOR A MOTOR I USED THE TIMING CHAIN AND HEAD STUDS OFF!...STILL PRETTY CHEAP, JUST TAKES A LITTLE LONGER:cool:

·
Administrator
10,666 Posts
The DRATV engine cases shown HERE will accept the stock Honda trans, and have the 13.5 and 14mm Honda-style needle bearings installed. The cases come with a HV oil pump and shaft assembly installed, and the four cylinder studs come with them, as well. Can't beat the $99.99 price tag either.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dirtbkr188 said:
The DRATV engine cases shown HERE will accept the stock Honda trans, and have the 13.5 and 14mm Honda-style needle bearings installed. The cases come with a HV oil pump and shaft assembly installed, and the four cylinder studs come with them, as well. Can't beat the $99.99 price tag either.

I SAW THOSE. I WAS TRYING NOT TO BUY ANYMORE PARTS, SO GRINDING THE HONDA CASES WAS THE CHEAPEST WAY. MOST ALL CHINA MOTORS ALREADY HAVE A HV OIL PUMP INSTALLED IN THEM, I USED THE PUMP FROM THE CHINA CASES.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Just an FYI the xr70 oil pump is the same as any hd or high flow unit you would want so in interest of saving work and also having less china parts use the 70 oil pump

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Motor Is Together And My Girlfriend Rode It Today. As Far As Oil Pumps Go I Didn't Want To Wait For One, So I Used The China Pump.

This Motor Is A Torque Monster!!!!!! You Can Start Off In Second And Rip A Nice Wheelie. All In All I Am Very Pleased With My $150 Stroker. My Girlfriend Is Sooooooo Happy With It. She Was Making It Up A Steep Sand Hill That Her Bike Would Never Go Up Before.

Now The Real Challange. The Race At Mototown Tomorrow! It Will Be Her First Time Racing, And With Only A Days Practice With The New Mill.........we'll See!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.